So you have a Cricut! What do you do now? I will show you how to use the features of this amazing machine as well as navigate through the Cricut Design Space Program! We will chat about all the materials you can cut and everything you need to know about your Cricut!
This page is a work in progress! New tutorials will be continually added. Be sure to sign up for my emails to receive new Cricut tutorials! You can also pin this page to easily check back in!
Don’t have a Cricut yet? Check out my Cricut Deals Page to score a discount!
Getting Started with a Cricut
A Cricut is an electronic cutting machine that can meticulously cut a vast array of materials depending on the specific machine you may have.
Note: I own a Cricut Explore Air and a Maker. Everything I can do on the Explore Air you can accomplish on the Cricut Explore Air 2 or the Cricut Maker machines. The Maker has some advanced features that the Explore series does not which furthermore allows it to cut more materials than the Explore series. You can find the comparison chart of the different machines about halfway down this page here.
If you just received or bought a Cricut I urge you to check out my Getting Started with your Cricut post.
How in the world does the Machine know what to cut?
In order to tell your Cricut machine how to cut the designs for your project, you will need to use the software program Cricut Design Space. It is free to use and you just need an email address to sign up! You can sign up for a Cricut ID and access Cricut Design Space here. You may also use the Cricut Design Space App for iPads.
You may find more information on Cricut Design space as well as tutorials below.
What materials can I cut on my Cricut?
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV or Iron-On)
- Sticker Paper
- Tattoo Paper
- Magnet Paper
- Leather (real and faux)
- Suede (real and faux)
- Thin woods such as basswood and balsa wood
- + so much more. See the different cutting materials here.
- Vinyl Basics
- How to Apply Vinyl
- Heat Transfer Basics (Iron-on)
- Heat Transfer Application
- Cricut SportFlex Iron On™ – How to Cut & Apply
- SVG Basics – Everything you need to know about SVG cut files
How to Cut using a Cricut
Cricut Cutting Tutorials:
- How to Cut Vinyl on a Cricut (+ video)
- How to Cut Heat Transfer Vinyl (+ video)
- How to Cut Paper (being updated)
Cricut Design Space Tutorials:
- Getting Familiar with Cricut Design Space (coming soon!)
- Ungroup, Weld & Duplicate Tools (+ video)
- How to use the Print then Cut Feature (+ video)
- How to Upload SVG Files into Cricut Design Space (+ video)
- How to Curve Text in Cricut Design Space
- How to Design a Monogram in Cricut Design Space
- How to use the Score Tool
- How to use Cricut Pens