Sip on a rosemary-infused sparkling Paloma this holiday season. Rosemary simple syrup, a Polma recipe that includes bubbles and garnishes that get you feeling all festive and cozy! Make this Sparkling Rosemary Paloma for your next holiday get-together!
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
Pin Sparkling Rosemary PalomaPin It Here
Click the button above to save to your board for later!
Sparkling Rosemary Paloma Ingredients
- Tequila – Choose a nice quality tequila! It is one of the stars of the show with this drink so an inexpensive version will just minimize the deliciousness of this cocktail. I also love to use silver tequila which is a clear color vs. the golden color of other tequilas. Patron Silver is one of my favorites. This is strictly for aesthetic purposes to make the drink pretty!
- Grapefruit Juice – You can use fresh squeezed or out of a bottle!
- Club Soda – This will give our cocktail some bubbles without altering the flavor. If you would prefer a slightly sweeter Paloma, you can substitute a lemon-lime soda like Sprite or 7 Up. I have used this in a pinch and the beverage was delicious! (Prosecco works too!)
Club Soda vs Tonic Water?
DID YOU KNOW? Did you know that Club Soda (also referred to as Seltzer Water) is water that has been infused with carbon dioxide to give it fizz and bubbles. It is flavorless and contains no calories.
Tonic Water, however, contains quinine in addition to water and carbon dioxide. The quinine, which comes from the bark of the cinchona tree, gives the tonic a slightly bitter taste and caloric content.
Therefore you can substitute club soda with seltzer but you cannot substitute club soda with tonic water!
- Rosemary Simple Syrup – This is a rosemary-infused variation of regular simple syrup. Equal parts sugar and water, heated to a boil, then cooled. Here we will toss in 2-3 fresh Rosemary sprigs to diffuse during boiling and then discard them after the mixture has cooled. You will be left with sweet rosemary goodness.
- Garnish – This is totally up to you and use what you have and can easily find. I like to garnish with a slice of grapefruit, a rosemary sprig, and some pomegranate pearls (because they are pretty)
Rosemary Paloma Notes
Use any glass you love! I used some tall stemless wine glasses here but you can use anything including mason jars! This can be as fancy or as practical as you choose to make it! Don’t stress!
No garnish? No problem! Add some salt around the rim! Use regular table salt, I won’t tell anyone!
MIXING UP THE COCKTAIL:
No Cocktail Shaker? No problem, simply dump from one glass into another glass a few times and that will work just fine! It’s better to mix like this than stir though! So if you can, mix between two glasses!
You can use the slider on the recipe card to increase the servings of this cocktail!
Want more recipes delivered to your inbox? For free, of course? Sign up for my free email community!
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
How to Make a Sparkling Rosemary Paloma
Sparkling Rosemary Paloma
- 1 ½ oz Silver Tequila
- 3 oz Grapefruit juice
- 1 oz Club Soda
- 1 oz Rosemary simple syrup
- Pomegranate pearls, for garnish
- Rosemary Sprig, for garnish
- Grapefruit Slices, quartered, for garnish
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-3 sprigs of Rosemary
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- In a medium saucepan add water, sugar, and rosemary. Stir to combine.1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 2-3 sprigs of Rosemary
- Bring to a boil over medium to high heat.
- Cook until the sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Set to the side too cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, remove the rosemary sprigs and discard.
- Fill your glass with ice.ice
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 3-4 pieces of ice, tequila, grapefruit juice, club soda, and rosemary simple syrup.1 ½ oz Silver Tequila, 3 oz Grapefruit juice, 1 oz Club Soda, ice, 1 oz Rosemary simple syrup
- Shake until outside of shaker is frosty.
- Pour the cocktail mixture into the glass over the ice.
- Add the Pomegranate pearls and lightly stir them into the drinkPomegranate pearls, Rosemary Sprig, Grapefruit Slices
MORE COCKTAIL RECIPES YOU MAY LOVE: