Take a classic wintertime drink and make it amazing with a Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bomb! A fun peppermint shell filled with mocha hot chocolate, mini marshmallows, and peppermint candies makes a fun way to enjoy a winter staple!
What is a Hot Chocolate Bomb?
Fun in a mug! That’s the best way to describe it! A hot chocolate bomb is a hardened chocolate shell with hot chocolate mix and flavors and toppings inside.
How to Make a Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate Bomb.
Melt chocolate wafers and fill silicone molds with a spoonful of melted chocolate. Use a spoon to cover the sides of the mold and let this harden. Remove from the mold, fill with hot cocoa powder and any toppings and enclose with a 2nd hardened chocolate shell. You can then use melted chocolate to add any toppings to the top of the bombs
How to Use a Hot Cocoa Bomb
Place a hot chocolate bomb in a mug. Top with 8 ounces of hot milk or hot water. Watch the bomb “explode” in your mug! Stir with a spoon to mix and enjoy!
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
Supplies for Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs:
Peppermint hot cocoa bombs make great gifts! Place them in a cupcake liner and wrap in a cellophane bag with a cute ribbon and these are perfect for bus drivers, neighbors, club sponsors, friends, family, and more!
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
How to Store Hot Cocoa Bombs
Store hot chocolate bombs in an airtight container for up to a week. Room temperature is fine unless you live in warmer climates. Because chocolate melts, store in the refrigerator if located in a warmer climate.
MORE HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPES & PROJECTS
PEPPERMINT MOCHA HOT CHOCOLATE BOMB RECIPE
Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 30 ounces white chocolate melting wafers, Ghirardelli
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 2 cups mocha hot cocoa mix
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 cup peppermint candy, crushed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Sphere Shells
- Using a heat safe bowl, add white melting chocolates and peppermint extract into the bowl and place in the microwave for 45 second intervals. Make sure to stir the chocolate after each 45 seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Spoon about 1-2 tbsp of the chocolate into the silicone sphere mold.
- Carefully swirl the chocolate or use an offset spatula to completely coat the inside of the mold.
- Place the coated molds into the refridgerator for 5-10 minutes
- Remove from the fridge and gently peel the silicone mold back away from the hardened chocolate shell.
- Repeat steps above so you have an even number of chocolate half sphere shells.
Assembling the Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Carefully place a half-sphere onto a cutting board
- Scoop about 2 tbsps of the hot cocoa mix into the bottom of the sphere mold
- Sprinkle in a few of the mini marshmallows and some of the crushed peppermint candies.
- Run a ceramic or glass plate under hot water for several minutes. Carefully remove and dry the plate.
- Gently rub the flat edge of a second half-sphere on the warm plate to melt the surface chocolate.
- Carefully place the top shell onto the bottom that is filled with the cocoa and marshmallows and gently hold the top to the bottom for about 30 seconds to allow melted chocolate to harden to the opposite side sphere.
- Smooth the seam with the back of a warm spoon if necessary.
- Place teh sphere back onto the cutting board and scoop some of the melted chocolate into a piping bag (or small ziploc bag) and cut the tip.
- Drizzle chocolate over the spheres and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy and mini chocolate chips. Allow the drizzle to cool completely before enjoying the hot cocoa bomb!
How to Serve Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Place the sphere in a mug
- Pour 8 ounces of water or milk that has been heated to almost boiling.
- Watch as the liquid melts the chocolate sphere releasing the inside contents to the mug!
- Mix and enoy!