Take a favorite peanut butter candy and make it a cookie with this peanut butter cup cookies recipe! A peanut butter dough cookie is stuffed with a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup candy. What could be better?
Basically, we are starting out with an amazing peanut butter cookie dough and we are escalating it to awesome by adding in Reese’s peanut butter cup candy. These cookies are easy to make but get WOW results from everyone enjoying them!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Basic baking ingredients are needed for this recipe in addition to the mini Reese’s peanut butter cup candies. I am using the small ones that come in a bag individually wrapped, not the super tiny ones that come in a sealed bag, unwrapped.
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar, packed
- Creamy peanut butter
- Unsalted butter
- Large eggs
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- 24 Reese’s peanut butter cup candies
Kitchen Gadgets Ndeded for this Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cookie Scoop
- Parchment Paper
- Baking sheet
- Stand Mixer
- Hand Mixer
I make these like regular cookies but you can also use a mini muffin tin in place of the baking sheets and then they come out of the oven less like cookies more like muffins but equally delicious!
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
Can You Make the Dough Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can make the peanut butter cookie dough up to 3 days in advance and let it chill in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
If you will not use the dough within 3 days, scoop the cookie dough balls and pop them in the freezer. You can cook straight from frozen, just add a few minutes onto the baking time!
Which Peanut Butter Can I Use?
I like to stick to creamy peanut butter but you can use crunchy if you like crunchy cookies!
As far as the brand or type of peanut butter, it does not matter. Jif, Skippy, Peter Pan, Natural peanut butter, organic, all work the same in this recipe so choose your favorite!
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
We start off making the dough in the same way we many any dough. Cream the sugars and butter, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking sodas, and powders, & salt), and gradually add the dry to the creamed butter until a dough is formed.
Next, use a small cookie scoop to form dough balls, and toss them in a small bowl with granulated sugar so that the outside of the cookie has a delicious sugar crust! The larger the dough ball the larger the cookie and the longer the bake time. 1-inch balls work great.
Place the balls of dough on a cookie tray, repeat for the remaining dough, and then bake!
When they come out of the oven, simply press a peanut butter cup into the middle of each cookie. Allow to cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Recipe
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a standing or hand mixer, beat together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter & shortening until creamy.
- Add in the eggs and combine until smooth.
- Using a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt until combined.
- Gradually add in the flouir mixture into the wet ingredients and beat until a dough forms.
- Using the cookie scoop, scoop out some dough balls and coat them in sugar. I like to use a small bowl for this.
- Place dough balls onto the parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press a reese peanut butter cup in the center of the cookie.
- Allow the cookie to cool. Enjoy!
MORE COOKIE RECIPES