Paper Ornaments are timeless and easy to make and now you can put your cutting machine to work using this 3D Paper Ornament SVG file! This free ornament SVG file is part of a monthly blog hop so read to the bottom to get the additional 16 Free Christmas Ornament SVG Files from my talented friends!
Paper ornaments are great to make with kids or with groups or a great thing to keep your hands busy while you watch Hallmark Christmas Movies! <–check out that free file for an awesome shirt!
What Paper Can I use for Paper Ornaments?
The best answer, any paper you like! The key is the glue but we will get to that in a minute!
You can use cardstock, scrapbooking paper, double sided patterned paper, construction paper or printer paper for that matter!
The key is to not use a liquid glue but a tape runner if using a lighter weight paper! I prefer the tape runner over liquid glue with all the paper selections above. It will keep it from wrinkling and keeps a tight hold.
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
3D Paper Ornament Supplies:
- 3D Ornament SVG (found below)
- Paper. I am using this double-sided Cardstock.
- A Cutting Machine such as a Cricut or Silhouette
- Scoring tool if using an electric cutting machine.
- Tape Runner
- Twine or String
Note these can also be made by cutting the shapes by hand. I will include the pattern in a printable format as well as the SVG!
How to Make 3D Paper Ornaments
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Make a fun 3D Paper Ornament in minutes with this free ornament svg and your favorite cutting machine! You can also cut these by hand as well!
- Cut the Ornament Pieces
Either by hand or by using your cutting machine, cut 8 ornament pieces and 1 ornament cap strip.
If using a cutting machine, the file will prompt a score line down the center. If cutting by hand, fold the ornaments in half vertically with the ornament cap at the top.
- Adhere together.
Using a tape runner, add adhesive to one side of the ornament and glue to a second half of an ornament. Continue until you have 8 folded ornaments stacked.
- Add Hanger
Cut a strip of twine or string and hot glue it in the center of the ornament.
- Complete the Ornament Bulb.
Glue the 1st ornament half to the last (8th) ornament half creating a sphere.
- Glue ornament Cap
Wrap the Ornament Cap strip around the square top and adhere with tape runner.
- Hang and enjoy!
Download 3D Ornament SVG Here
Getting the freebie is easy! First, enter your name and email below and join my email list community (AND gain access to my freebie library)!! After that, click the download button and the freebie will begin automatically.
I use box.com to safely deliver my freebies! There is no need to sign up for a box.com account!
Please see this FAQ post + Video on how to download my freebies.
This download is for personal use only!
DOWNLOAD 17 FREE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT FILES HERE
Click the links below and you will be taken to my talented friend’s site to download their contribution to our FREE monthly blog hop. I urge you to show them some love while you are there!
Be sure to check out all our past hops here!
- Snowflake Ornaments – We Can Make That!
- Winter Wonderland Arabesque Tile Ornament – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Good Cheer Hand Lettered Wood Ornament – Printable Crush
- Mistletoe and Merlot Ornament – Kelly Leigh Creates
- Merry Christ-mas Wood Slice Ornament – unOriginal Mom
- 3D Tree Ornament – Try it – Like it – Create it
- Oh Snap! Gingerbread Man – Hello Creative Family
- House Under Elf Surveilance – Happy Go Lucky
- Let it Snow – Everyday Party Magazine
- Shaker Ornament – Mom of 5 Trying to Survive
- Gingerbread Ornaments – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Rustic Elements Wood Slice Ornaments – The Girl Creative
- Layered Christmas Wreath Ornament – Liz on Call
- Felt Christmas Ornament – Life Sew Savory
- Big Bulb “Holly Jolly” Ornament – Fynes Designs
- Merry Christmas Gnome – Cutting Machine Crafting
- 3D Paper Ornaments – That’s What Che Said