Something about peppermint always makes me happy! These Peppermint Kiss Cookies not only have the perfect amount of peppermint but they also have a delicious chocolate kiss in the center! I like to make these for the holidays and into the winter months.
I definitely have a soft spot or palette for peppermint. I seem to gravitate to it. These Peppermint Sandwich Cookies are made year after year! On cookie baking days we sip on Peppermint Cranberry Spritzers and in addition to cookies we whip up some Peppermint Bark.
Want More Easy Recipes?
Enter your best email receive future easy weeknight meals, cocktail ideas or the best appetizers for game night!
When we are done we serve all the goodness on these amazing Peppermint Serving Trays! That’s right those are actual peppermints!
Let’s get baking these Peppermint Chocolate Kiss Cookies!
Peppermint Cookie Ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Softened, Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar (light or dark will work)
- Egg at room temperature
- Vanilla Extract
- Peppermint Extract
- Hershey’s Kisses, milk chocolate
Can the dough be premade?
Yes! The dough needs to chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator so you can also make it ahead as well.
If making the day or two ahead be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
Can I use Peppermint Kisses?
Absolutely! The peppermint extract in the dough and the chocolate kisses pair nicely but we have also made these with many different types of kisses and all were amazing!
How to Store Peppermint Kiss Cookies
Peppermint Kiss cookies can be stored in an airtight container, cookie jar or mason jars. It’s important to keep them in airtight containers as the kisses are unwrapped and to keep the cookie fresh.
How to make Peppermint Cookies
This is a basic baking recipe! First combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
In a second bowl, combine butter and both sugars and both extracts and cream. You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer. Whichever you prefer.
Next, add in the eggs and beat until combined.
Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet in 2 parts and mix until incorporated.
Chill for at least 2 hours.
Once chilled roll into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
Place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake.
Let them cool for a few minutes and then press the kiss into the center of the cookies.
Finally, Let cool completely and enjoy!
PEPPERMINT RECIPES FROM MY FRIENDS:
- Homemade Peppermint Patties from A Dash of Sanity
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark Molten Mug Cake from EZPZMealz
- Chocolate Peppermint Cream Horns from Sugar & Soul
- Chocolate Peppermint Cake Roll from Tastes Better From Scratch
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
Peppermint Kiss Cookie Recipe
Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar, light or dark, packed
- 1 egg, large, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 20-24 Hershey’s milk chocolate kisses
- Extra sugar for rolling cookie dough balls in
- Optional garnish: crushed peppermint candy
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a separate bowl cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar using a hand or stand mixer.
- Add egg, vanilla and peppermint extracts to the creamed butter bowl and whisk till combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in 2 batches, whisking just until combined after each addition.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper .
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls, roll the ball in extra sugar.
- Place onto the prepared tray, 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes
- Remove from the oven, cool on a rack for 2 minutes, then press the Hershey kisses into the center of the cookies.
- Continue to cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint candy (optional)