This month’s FREE SVG Hop includes 8 Free Butterfly SVG cut files that are perfect to use with your Cricut or Silhouette or to use with your home printer for signs, banners, invites, stationery, and more! Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for the additional 7 Butterfly SVG designs!
What is the meaning of a butterfly?
Butterflies represent several different things. They are often used as a metaphor for spiritual transformation. Whether that be rebirth, growth, or change.
Their short life span also represents spiritual transformation and reiterates the saying “life is short”.
Butterflies are used to represent the Spring season, as the buds, trees, and flowers are coming back to life. This is also the season where butterflies most commonly start their life cycle.
Many people feel a connection, attachment or general liking to butterflies which makes them a wonderful focus for our month’s blog hop. These butterfly SVG files can be used for your sprint crafting!
Helpful Tutorials for using Butterfly SVG
If you need help uploading the SVG into your design programs such as Cricut Design Space or Silhouette Designer Edition.
NOTE: Users who have the FREE version of Silhouette Studio will need to utilize the DXF file. Silhouette Studio Designer Edition and above will allow the upload of an SVG file.
- How to Upload an SVG into Cricut Design Space
- How to Upload an SVG into Silhouette Studio
- Upload Files to xTool Creative Space
Vinyl Projects Supplies & Tutorial List
Now, if you are looking to use this free butterfly SVG for a coffee mug, tumbler, car decal, or the like, you will want to use adhesive vinyl. As a result, I provided a supply list and best tutorials to get you started below.
- Your favorite Blank (find mine here)
- Cricut or Silhouette cutting machine
- Craft Vinyl in your choice of color(s)
- Transfer Tape
- Weeding tool
- Scraper Tool
- Vinyl 101
- How to cut Vinyl on a Cricut
- Cut Vinyl on a Silhouette
- How to Apply Vinyl
- Layer Vinyl the Easy Way
- Working with Multiple Colors of Vinyl
Find more tutorials and Vinyl Projects on my Vinyl Page
You can also find my favorite Vinyl Supplies on my Amazon Storefront! Take advantage of that 2-day shipping!
Iron-On Supplies and Tutorial List
If you want to put this butterfly SVG onto a t-shirt like I did, or a garden flag or tote bag you will want to use iron-on vinyl. Here are helpful supplies and a tutorial list to get you started.
IRON ON SUPPLIES:
- Your Favorite Blank (find mine here)
- Cricut or Silhouette.
- Iron on in your choice of color(s)
- Weeding tool
- Cricut EasyPress 2 with Mat
IRON ON TUTORIALS:
- Iron on/Heat Transfer Vinyl Basics
- How to cut Iron-on with a Cricut
- How to cut Iron-on with a Silhouette
- Correctly Apply Iron-on
- How to Layer Iron on Correctly
- All about the EasyPress 2
Find more tutorials and Iron on Projects on my Iron-On Page.
Get the supplies you need in my Iron-on Favorites List on Amazon!
How to Make a T-shirt with Iron-on
Time needed: 15 minutes
Cut iron-on with an electronic cutting machine such as a Cricut or Silhouette and then weed and apply to a t-shirt, hoodie, or baby bodysuit!
- Download the SVG File to Computer & Upload to Cutting Software
Download the SVG file onto your computer and then upload it into Cricut Design Space or Silhouette Studio.
- Size for T-shirt
Size the design appropriately for your t-shirt, baby bodysuit or hoodie!
- Cut the Iron on
Cut the iron-on using your respective program. Detailed tutorials are listed below:
– How to Cut Iron on using a Cricut machine & Cricut Design Space
– How to Cut Iron-on using a Cameo and Silhouette Studio
- Weed Iron-on Vinyl
Weeding means removing the excess vinyl from the carrier sheet, leaving only your design elements behind. You can utilize a weeding tool to help with this.
- Apply the HTV
Get the Free Social Butterfly SVG Here
My file comes with four file types: SVG, DXF, JPG, and PNG. The SVG and DXF files are to use with a cutting machine. In addition, you can use the included png file and jpeg file with Word or Adobe Illustrator to make paper products. The png format has a transparent background making it perfect to use for stickers! You can download it for free below!
Getting the freebie is easy! First, enter your name and email below and join my email list community (AND gain access to my freebie library)!! After that, click the download button and the freebie will begin automatically.
I use box.com to safely deliver my freebies! There is no need to sign up for a box.com account!
Please see this FAQ post + Video on how to download my freebies.
This download is for personal use only!
More Free Butterfly SVG Files
Once you grab my free file above, click the links below and you will be taken to my talented friend’s site to grab their contribution to our #totallyfreesvg monthly blog hop. I urge you to show them some love and leave a comment while you are there for the free SVG files!
Be sure to check out all our past hops here!
- Butterfly Mug Wrap – Crafting in the Rain
- Butterfly Tumbler Wrap – Happiness is Homemade
- Layered Butterfly Cross – Mad in Crafts
- Anti-Social Butterfly – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Social Butterfly – That’s What Che Said
- Without Change There Would Be No Butterflies – Kara Creates
- Multi-Layered Butterfly – 100 Directions
- Butterfly Hearts – Hello Creative Family
These Butterfly Footprint Place mats are also super cute!