What could be better than chocolate cookie dough, with chocolate chips and M&M candies added in? Nothing, the answer is nothing! I mean these double chocolate M&M cookies are basically triple chocolate cookies! Switch out seasonal M&M’s for any occasion or holiday! These are a breeze to make and delicious to eat. Perfect for Santa’s Cookie Plate!
We definitely want to leave the best cookies on our Cookie Plate for Santa, am I right? These double chocolate M&M cookies are a sure contender!
Double chocolate cookie dough mixed with candy morsels make this a decadent and delightful holiday cookie! Perfect to wrap up for neighbor gifts or to share at a cookie exchange!
Chocolate Christmas Cookie Ingredients:
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips
- Baking soda
- cream of tarter
- Holiday M&M Mini Candies
Don’t want to go out for groceries? Get all your ingredients delivered with one of these great services! I have used them all!!
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
How to Make M&M Cookies:
First you will cream your butter and sugars and then add the egg, vanilla extract and molasses and mix well.
In a separate bowl whisk your dry ingredients, the flour baking soda, cocoa powder and cream of tarter.
Add half the dry ingredients into the wet, mix and then repeat with the 2nd half.
Here is the good part! Stir in the chocolate chips and the M&M candies!
Refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour to make it easier to scoop.
Using a cookie scoop, add dough balls to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 325F for 12-15 minutes.
Cool for 5 minutes on the pan and then transfer to a wire cooking rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
MORE HOLIDAY RECIPES TO ENJOY:
- Holiday Puppy Chow (also uses M&M’s)
- 5 Minute Gingerbread Fudge
- Grinch Pretzel Bites
- White Christmas Spirits Cocktail
- Peppermint Sandwich Cookies
- Peppermint Cranberry Spritzers
These cookies would also look amazing served on this fun 2 tier serving platter made from melted peppermints! Yes, you read that correctly!
MORE M&M RECIPES FOR THE HOLIDAYS:
- M&M’s Christmas Cookie Bars from No. 2 Pencil
- M&M’s Fudge & Peppermint Brownie Bars from Happiness is Homemade
- M&M Christmas Crack from I Heart Naptime
Double Chocolate M&M Cookie Recipe
Double Chocolate Christmas Cookies
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 ¾ cup All Purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 ½ cups Christmas M&M Minis
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and both brown and granulated sugars together with an electric mixer.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract and molasses and beat until fully combined.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Add half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture mixing completely, then the add the second half mixing again.
- Stir in the M&M Minis until completely combined.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 325F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Portion out the cookie dough onto the prepared sheets with a cookie scoop.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until tops begin to crack and edges are set.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then move cookies to a cooling rack to completely cool.