Chocolate topped sandwich cookies with a delicious peppermint ganache in the center! These look difficult but with the help of store bought dough you will have these whipped up in no time and they are Amazing!
I am so happy to share with you today one of my most favorite sandwich cookies! I think because they remind me of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies – my faves! I am seriously on a peppermint kick lately…Candy Cane Place Cards followed by Peppermint Bark and now Peppermint Cookies! I guess when you have something going that’s good…just keep it going!
Supplies Needed for Peppermint Sandwich Cookies:
These cookies are really easy. I add some extra flour to store bought sugar cookie dough and roll out. Depending on the size of your cookie cutter you can get anywhere from 24-48 cookies! I like to use the star cookie cutter!
I bake those according to the directions and then mix up the ganache and the chocolate topping! Assembly is easy and then you have these gorgeous cookies that look great on a platter…especially this Peppermint Platter!
You might also like these holiday favorites:
- Peppermint Bark
- Peppermint & Cranberry Cocktail Spritzer
- Grinch Pretzel Bites
- Holiday Puppy Chow
- White Christmas Spirits Cocktail
Peppermint Sandwich Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 1 roll sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour, + extra for dusting
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- crushed peppermint or sprinkles for garnish
For the Cookies:
- Begin by kneading in 1/4 cup flour to the store bought cookie dough
- Roll out and cut out cookies. Bake as directed.
For the Filling:
- Add semi sweet morsels and milk to microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute.
- Stir until creamy, returning to the microwave for 15 second increments as needed to melt chocolate.
- Add peppermint extract
- cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When cool, place small dollop on 1 cookie and top with a second cookie.
- Return to refrigerator to set filling (about 30 minutes)
For the topping:
- Add milk chocolate to microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds and stir until smooth and creamy. Return to microwave in 15 second increments as needed to melt chocolate.
- Add vegetable oil and mix well.
- Dip chilled cookies in chocolate, coating one side
- Add garnish while chocolate is still wet.
- Return to refrigerator until topping is set.