I am a huge fan of turkey treats! They are adorable, fun to eat, and look so good on your holiday platter or place setting. These Nutter Butter Turkey cookies are no exception! A few store-bought ingredients are all you need and the kids can help with these!
Easy Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies
Click the button above to save to your board for later!
I mentioned I am a fan of turkey treats as you may remember these fun Popcorn & Gold Fish Turkey Treats that are always a hit. I put these festive treats on the kids’ table and it never fails the adults want them as well! These snacks along with the fun turkey cookies we will make today are perfect for classroom parties!
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies Ingredients
These are simple ingredients that can all be bought at the store ready to use. The only preparation will be melting the chocolate melting wafers! So easy!
Add all of these ingredients to your cart and do a curbside pickup to make things easier! The Autumn Mix bag has regular candy corn, chocolate candy corn and pumpkins in one bag!
Turkey Cookie Recipe
Read below the recipe to get all my tips, tricks, and substitutions!!
Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- 60 candy corn pieces
- 12 chocolate candy corn pieces
- 24 candy eyes
- ½ cup red icing
- 10 oz milk chocolate melting wafers
- Separate the oreo cookie halves and discard the filling.
- Take the chocolate candy corn and cut off a triangle from the orange end for each turkey beak.
- Melt the chocolate melting wafers, by microwaving in a microwave safe bowl on 30 second intervals, stirring well in between.
- Dip one end of each nutter butter cookie into the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off, and place it onto half of one of the oreo cookies. Place about halfway up, leave room for the candy corn “feathers” around the top half.
- Attach an orange candy corn beak, and two candy eyes.
- Take the red frosting, and pipe just a bit onto the back of the candy corn pieces, and place them around the top of the oreo cookie halves, against the chocolate dipped nutter butter to make the feathers.
- Allow the cookies to set until the chocolate hardens. Then, pipe a bit of red frosting beside the candy corn beak to make the turkey’s gobbler.
How to Make These Easy Turkey Cookies
Separate the Oreos into halves and using a butter knife, remove the filling from the cookies.
Cut the orange tip off the chocolate candy corn for the turkey beak. You can also use orange royal icing for the beak or a mini M&M pressed in on its side or half an orange Reese’s pieces candy.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the melting wafers in 30-second increments. You can also substitute chocolate chips if you don’t have the melting wafers!
Dip one-half of the Nutter Butter cookie into the melted chocolate and tap to remove the excess. Place it onto the bottom half of the Oreo cookie. Be sure to leave room on the Oreo for the candy corn.
Now make the turkey face. Add the orange candy bit for the beak and the two candy eyes.
Then, add the feathers by applying a bit of the red icing to the candy corn pieces and attach them to the Oreo Cookie.
Finally, pipe on a bit of red icing near the beak for the gobbler! Now you have a fun Thanksgiving treat! Let the cookies set on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. These will be set at room temperature or you can hurry them up by placing them in the refrigerator.
Here are some more Thanksgiving desserts and treats you may love!
- 3 ingredient pumpkin pie dip
- Pumpkin Tiramisu
- Pumpkin donuts
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Bread
Here are some great turkey crafts & activities: