This is an easy and delicious no-yeast pumpkin bread with crumb topping recipe that will become one of your fall favorite recipes!
Homemade bread sometimes seems daunting but this recipe mixes up quickly and bakes perfectly every time!
Today I baked this bread in the oven however I have also made it before and baked it in my Instant Pot. Yep, you read that correctly, I baked bread in my pressure cooker! You can see all my tips and tricks in this Instant Pot Banana Bread recipe. The paper towel trick is key to keeping the crumble topping, well crumbly and not soggy!
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
Pumpkin Bread with Crumble Topping Ingredients
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Spices such as Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ground Cloves, Ground Ginger, and Allspice
- Canola Oil
- Pumpkin Puree
- Vanilla Extract
Don’t want to shop for the ingredients? No problem! You can get a 14 day InstaCart Express free trial and have everything you need to be delivered to your door!
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
Kitchen Utensils Needed:
- Bread Pans
- Pastry Cutter or fork
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Here are some tips for the best bread ever!
- Keep your butter in the refrigerator until you need it. Cold butter works best!
- Don’t overmix your batter. Mix until combined. Hand mixing is the best but you can use a mixer on low speed.
- You can substitute the pumpkin puree and all spices for Pumpkin PIE filling if in a pinch! Use the same amount of pie filling as you would puree!
PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE NOTES
Yes! If you wrap the bread well (plastic wrap, foil, air-tight container) it can be frozen for up to 6 months. If you are using it sooner, you can mostly get away with just using a freezer-safe Ziploc bag.
Remove it from the freezer and allow it to thaw on the counter for 1-3 hours.
Yes! Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or use tin liners and fill 2/3 full. Bake for approx 25-35 minutes.
This bread is best served with butter. You may serve it warm or at room temperature.
How to Make Pumpkin Bread with Crumb Topping
Pumpkin Bread with Crumb ToppingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 1/3 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, large
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree, 1 can
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup butter, cold, cubed
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup All Purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two 8×4 bread pans
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger together.3 1/3 cups All Purpose flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/4 tsp ground allspice, 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Add in granulated sugar and brown sugar; mix until combined.2 cups granulated sugar, 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Make a well in the center and add in the oil. Mix just until the oil is combined1 cup canola oil
- Add in the eggs, 2 at a time, mixing after each addition.4 eggs
- Add in the pumpkin puree, water and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.15 oz can pumpkin puree, 2/3 cup water, 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Divide the batter between the two bread pans. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs.½ cup light brown sugar, ¾ cup All Purpose flour, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, ½ cup butter
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over both batters.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing loaves from the pans, placing them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!