Instant Pot White Chicken Chili tastes like it has been simmering all day when in fact this easy recipe can be whipped up in minutes using the Instant Pot and rotisserie chicken! Forget the slow cooker, use the Instant Pot for a quick turnaround! Pair with some crusty bread and your favorite toppings and you have a delicious and hearty chicken chili to enjoy!
The Instant Pot is hands down one of my favorite kitchen small appliances. If you are new to the Instant Pot, I recommend you check out my Instant Pot for Beginners post. Learn all the terms and what the pot can and cannot do for you!
After that, I have an Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories (and must not) post that will help you use the pot to its potential!
White Chicken Chili Ingredients
- Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Shredded Chicken
- Green Bell Pepper
- White Beans (Great Northern Beans, Cannellini beans or Navy beans)
- Garlic Cloves
- Green Chiles
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Cream Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
This is a great recipe to make use of a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Simply shred up the chicken into bite-size pieces. This is a huge time saver.
If you would like to cook chicken, I recommend using chicken thighs or skinless chicken breasts and cooking and shredding the same way I do it in my Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup.
You will also want a few toppings for your Instant Pot Chicken Chili! These can be:
- Tortilla Chips
- Tortilla Strips
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Lime Wedges
How to Make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
To start you will use the saute feature and saute the onions and peppers until translucent. Add in the garlic and stir for about a minute! Press Cancel to end the Saute setting.
Next, it is important to deglaze the pan! What is deglazing you ask? It’s when you add a bit of liquid to remove the cooked brown bits on the bottom of the pan. This adds a whole layer of flavor to your white bean chicken chili recipe!
Add about 1/2 cup of the chicken broth and use a flat wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits left from when you sauteed the onions, peppers, and garlic.
Add in the remaining ingredients into the pot, except for the cream cheese. Stir well. *It’s best to add dairy after the cooking process.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to Sealing and set the Instant Pot to Manual high pressure and pressure cook for 10 Minutes.
After cooking is complete, carefully turn the valve from sealing to venting to manually pressure release the steam. Use a wooden spoon handle or be sure to use a silicone oven mitt as the steam released can burn you.
Whisk in the cream cheese cubes until they are melted into the chili! Serve in your favorite soup bowls and add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Don’t Miss Out!
Get easy weeknight meals that can be made right in your instant pot directly to your email! Deals, desserts, and new tricks!
Notes About IP White Chicken Chili Recipe
- This Chili can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- You can make this chili, let cool and freeze. I like to use Ziploc bags and lay them flat on my freezer shelf to make for easy stacking.
- To reheat frozen chili, simply allow to thaw in refrigerator and heat on stove top or in Instant Pot on Saute.
More Instant Pot Soup and Chili Recipes
Check out my roundup of 15+ Instant Pot Soups, including:
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
Instant Pot White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1/2 onion, medium, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound shredded chicken, cooked
- 4 oz green chiles, 1 can undrained
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 29 oz Great Northern Beans, drained & rinsed (2 – 14.5 oz cans)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Press the SAUTE button on your Instant Pot. Lightly spray the bottom of your pan with cooking spray. When the IP reads HOT, add in the diced green bell pepper and onion. Stir occasionally for about 3 to 5 minutes until the vegetables become translucent.
- Add Garlic and continue to stir for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, green chilies, beans, salt, pepper and spices to the Instant Pot and stir.
- Cancel the SAUTE function by pressing CANCEL
- Lock the lid of the Instant Pot in place and set the valve to SEALING. Set your instant pot on high pressure for 10 minutes. To do this, select the MANUAL button and use the +/- buttons to set the timer to 10.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, do a manual pressure release. Use a wooden spoon or a silicone hot mitt to carefully move the valve from SEALING to VENTING. The steam will be hot so use caution.
- Remove the lid and add in the cream cheese. Using a whisk or large spoon to mix/melt the cream cheese into the soup. .
- Serve in your favorite soup bowl and top with your favorite garnishes! My family enjoys garnishes such as cilantro, tortilla chips, jalapeños, sour cream, and cheese! Enjoy!