Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili is the perfect meal to whip up for football Sunday, for a pot luck at work or for the perfect Hallmark Christmas Movie watching marathon!
It’s no secret I love my Instant Pot. A kitchen appliance that lets me forget to thaw the chicken but still gets dinner on the table in minutes is a winning kitchen appliance in my opinion.
If you are new to the pressure cooking world, you may want to start with my Instant Pot Basics post! Also, be sure to check out my main Instant Pot Page where I have all my must-have (and don’t need) accessories with yummy recipes!
Hearty quinoa and beans and plenty of vegetables mean this dish can stand on its own for dinner. Leave off the cheese and it’s vegan!
I love to make chili all year round but it’s even more comforting in the fall and winter! I whip up a batch and we watch football or have friends over!
MORE SOUP AND CHILI RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
I mentioned above this is perfect for your Hallmark Christmas Movie watching Marathon and you can also snag this fun file to make a shirt for the occasion!
If football is your jam you can check out my Football projects and fun foods here!
This chili does contain heat without being overly spicy. You can always half the poblano. The cheese and sour cream do help with that, however, everyone in my house eats it happily with no problems!!
Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
tastes like it simmered all day in your slow cooker, but it’s made quickly in
the Instant Pot! Hearty quinoa and beans and plenty of vegetables mean this
dish can stand on its own for dinner. Leave off the cheese and it’s vegan!
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 each yellow onion, diced large
- 2 each red bell peppers, diced large
- 2 each poblano chilis, diced large
- 3 each zucchini, medium, diced large
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- ½ tsp paprika, ground
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomaotes, 15 oz can
- 1 can pinto beans, 15 oz can, rinsed
- 1 can V-8, 12 oz can
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE. Heat the oil in the pot and add the diced onion. Saute until the onion softens, 3-5 minutes stirring frequently
- Add the bell peppers, chilis, and zucchini and saute until soft, an additional 3-5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1-minute stirring constantly to not burn the garlic.
- Mix in the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt.
- Add in the water, V-8, quinoa, diced tomatoes, and pinto beans. Stir to combine.
- Add the lid to the Instant Pot and turn the vent to the SEALING position. Set the Instant Pot from Saute to MANUAL for 10 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will come to pressure, cook for 10 minutes and then beep. Using a spoon handle, carefully move the vent from sealing to VENT. Use caution as the released steam can burn you. Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired!
This simple but delicious Instant Pot vegetarian chili tastes like it simmered all day in your slow cooker, but it’s made quickly with the magic of the Instant Pot!