Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is hearty enough to be your whole meal! Perfect for chilly days or to feed a crew! Whips up in minutes and tastes like it simmered all day long! IP Veggie Beef Soup also freezes perfectly!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
If you are new to Instant Pot, I invite you to check out my Instant Pot Tips for Beginners post!
This Instant Pot Veggie Beef soup is great to feed a crowd. Plenty of beef, plenty of vegetables in a super flavorful broth, this soup will soon have a permanent spot on your menu rotation.
Everything can cook right in the instant pot and it takes only minutes for the soup cook, however, the taste and flavor will say that it was simmered on your stovetop all day long.
Love Your Instant Pot?
Enter your best email to receive more recipes, tips & tricks, must-have accessories and more!
This recipe freezes great! There are several ways to freeze this depending on your needs:
- Ladle into a freezer bag, mark name, and date, and freeze laying FLAT so that it easily stacks in your freezer once frozen!
- Ladle into silicone muffin molds for individual servings. Once frozen pop into a freezer bag.
- Ladle into quart storage containers and freeze.
Instant Pot Veggie Beef Soup
Click the button above to save to your board for later!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP:
Making this soup is easy! The main thing I think people forget is to season each layer. Soup can sometimes just be ingredients floating in the broth. For the best flavor, you need to season each layer that goes into the pot!
First, you will brown your beef using the Saute Feature on your Instant Pot. Drain the meat if you are not using extra lean. Add the onion and garlic and saute for a minute or two.
Next we will deglaze the pan by pouring in 1/3 cup of our stock. Then using a flat wooden spoon scrape up all the browned bits on the bottom of the pan from the beef. This step is crucial. So much flavor is in those browned bits.
Next all the vegetables, broth, and seasonings go into the pot! Mix well and pop on the lid. Set the vent to Sealing and use Manual and set the timer for 4 minutes. Yep, I said 4 minutes. The beef is already cooked so we are just heating the vegetables and since they are so small 4 minutes is all you need. You can find more information about cook times on my Instant Pot Page.
Give it a good stir and serve with crackers, Beer Bread or your favorite dinner roll.
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Recipe
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 14 ounces Frozen Mixed Vegetables, 1 bag, Corn, Peas, Carrots, Green Beans
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, 1 can
- 6 cups beef broth
- 4 each beef bouillon cube
- Salt & Pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Set the SAUTE function on your Instant Pot to On and wait until the LED reads HOT. Brown your beef adding salt and pepper to season.
- Drain your beef if needed and return to pot. Add onion and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. A dash more salt and pepper.
- Add 1/3 of your broth to the pot and using a flat wooden spoon scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. This step is important that is great flavor.
- Add steak seasonings, broth, Bullion cubes tomatoes and vegetables to the pot and stir to mix.
- Place lid on Instant pot and set vent to sealing. Turn SAUTE off by pressing Cancel/Keep Warm and then select MANUAL for 4 minutes.
- Carefully quick release the pressure by turning the vent from SEALING to VENTING. Do this carefully.
More Amazing Instant Pot Soup Recipes
More Instant Pot Recipes You May Like:
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Banana Bread
- Instant Pot Mac-n-Cheese
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken