If you are a football fan, you need this DIY Football Jewelry in your life! Super cute, lightweight football patterned leatherette that can be cut by hand or with an electronic cutting machine such as a Cricut or Silhouette. Iron-on laces complete the look! Grab the files below!
We are Minnesota Vikings Fans here and I am also a big fan of the leather earrings that are so stinking lightweight that I forget I am wearing them!
Combine those two loves and you have this fun DIY leather Football Jewelry! I also feel that my arm gets left out of the fun so a faux bangled cuff was on the project board as well!
DIY Football Jewelry Supplies
- Faux Football Leatherette
- Kam Snaps and Snap Press
- Cricut machine
- White Iron-on
- EasyPress Mini or EasyPress2 6×7
- EasyPress Mat
- Earring findings
- Jump Rings (optional)
- Earring and Bracelet Cut Files (found below)
My bracelet is 9 inches in length and that fits great around my wrist. If you want to measure you can just wrap a piece of string or ribbon around your wrist mark it and lay flat on a ruler. Be sure to add about an in for overlap for the snaps!
I also like different shapes of earrings for different face shapes and quite frankly for my different moods :) so I also included several different versions of the earrings. Feel free to use any that you like!
Tips for DIY Football Jewelry
- The EasyPress Mini works great for this project. A note: Move the mini around as to not get crease marks in your leatherette from the plate edges!
- You can also use a larger EasyPress and press all the earrings and bracelet at the same time!
- You can cut this on an Explore Series, a Maker or a Cameo. No special blades needed either, my standard fine point blade worked perfectly!
- I prefer to use a standard or light grip mat for this, both work great so use what you have on hand.
- Place the leatherette good side DOWN on your mat. I know this sounds crazy but you will get the best cuts this way!
- You could use adhesive vinyl in place of the iron-on but I don’t think it will last as long because the leatherette is textured.
Notes about Football Earrings and Cuff
The football-shaped earrings have straight laces so they can be worn on either ear!
The teardrop and reverse teardrop both have slightly curved laces so they are meant to be worn with the laces curving towards your face!
I am particularly loving the reverse teardrop shape right now! What is your favorite?
The wrap bracelet is made to look like it’s several bracelets stacked on top of one another when in actuality it is one single wrap with a convenient snap closure!
DIY Football Jewelry
- Start off by uploading the cut files into your design software. I am using my Cricut today.– How to Upload SVGs into Cricut Design Space– How to Upload SVG files into Silhouette Studio
- Adjust the size if needed. Delete any unwanted earring shapes. Click Make It in the upper right corner. On the next screen (Mat Screen) make sure to MIRROR the white mat with the laces.
- Click "Continue" and follow the prompts to cut the leatherette and iron on. NOTE: I like to cut my leatherette with the GOOD side DOWN!
- Remove the material from the mats and weed excess iron-on from the laces design.
- Using your EasyPress and consulting the Heat Guide, press the iron-on onto the leatherette.
- Using Pliers, add jump ring (if desired) and earring finding. I added the finding directly to the leatherette. The jump ring allows the earring to be more dangly and move more freely! Whatever you want!
- To assemble the bracelet, wrap around your wrist and mark where it feels comfortable. Using the piercing tool, make a hole at that spot. Insert and snap both ends of the Kam Snap. You can find a detailed tutorial on using the Kam Snaps here.
I have all boys (if you are new around here) but I am thinking I need to make some adorable football hair bows with this leatherette! What do you say?
DOWNLOAD FOOTBALL JEWELRY TEMPLATES HERE
This FLASH FREEBIE is no longer available as a free file. You may now find it in my shop! Flash Freebies are only available for a limited time.
Be sure to sign up for my emails so you never miss another Flash Freebie!
MORE FOOTBALL FUN: