Fresh peaches, lime juice, onion, honey, and herbs make this amazingly delicious fresh peach salsa recipe! I have told you before how I am pretty crazy about dips and salsas. This is perfect for peach season and is great with chips or on top of chicken or salmon! You will want to make a double batch, trust me!
Homemade Peach Salsa Ingredients:
- Peaches – Fresh, ripe, and in season. There are two types of peaches, freestone, and clingstone. You will prefer freestone because the flesh is not attached to the pit making it easier to work with. With over 300 varieties of peaches stick to the sweeter peaches for this recipe such as white, yellow, and the sweetest of them all, donut (or Saturn) peaches!
- Red Onion – this sweet onion adds the perfect amount of crunch. Dice it small
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes – choose bright red tomatoes.
- Cilantro – what salsa is complete without cilantro?
- Mint – intriguing right? Mint adds a bright flavor and scent that works great with the onion and sweetness of the peach
- Lemon Juice – use fresh always! You can also use lime juice here if that is all you have!
- Honey – raw and local is best!
The process is quite simple. Chop up fresh ripe peaches, tomatoes, and onion in small dice. You can leave the peels on the peaches, it adds flavor and color! Mince the herbs. Cutting the herbs small allows them to disperse evenly through the salsa! When juicing the lemon be sure to catch all the seeds, no one wants a seed in their bite!
Add all the ingredients into a bowl.
Gently mix until the lemon juice and honey are incorporated across the peaches, onion and tomatoes.
Fresh Peach Salsa Uses
In addition to eating this fresh peach salsa out of a bowl with some tortilla chips, this salsa recipe is great on top of salmon or chicken, pork, or tacos!
This dish is also great as an appetizer for game day or you can cut the pieces a bit larger and have a delicious side dish in the summer.
Half a red bell pepper will add a delicious amount of crunch. If you like things spicy you can remove the seeds and ribs of jalapeno and dice.
If you do not have any lemons, fresh lime juice will work great as well!
I do not feel that homemade salsa recipe needs any salt or black pepper.
How to Store Peach Salsa
This salsa recipe stores great in the fridge in an airtight container or mason pint jars for up to a week (if it lasts that long!)
Peach Salsa Recipe
- Chop the peaches, onion and tomatoes and dice the herbs.
- Combine in a large bowl.
- Juice Lemon and add to bowl along with honey
- Mix well and serve