This delicious and easy dessert takes one of your favorite cookies and puts it in a bite-sized finger food dessert form! These Valentine Oreo Truffles are dressed up for the day of love but can be customized for any occasion or holiday!
These truffles, along with cake balls always seem so intimidating to me for some reason. Then when I actually make them I am reminded how easy they are but how much of an impact they make to those eating them!
I really need to make these more and they are so versatile that they can be decorated for any occasion. Different colored sprinkles, chocolate or other melted color candy melt drizzle, the sky is the limit!
Valentine Oreo Truffle Ingredients
- 18 Oreo Cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups white Candy Melts
- 2-3 ounces of red rolling fondant
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
Oreo Truffle Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Mini Food Processor or Blendtec Blender
- Mixing Bowl with Spatula
- Microwave-safe bowl
How to Make Valentine Oreo Truffles
Using a food processor, or blender such as Blendtec, pulse the cookies until they are a fine crumb.
In a small mixing bowl, combine Oreo crumbs and cream cheese and mix to combine.
With your hands, roll 1 inch balls of the oreo mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
While those are chilling, roll 1/4 inch balls from the fondant. You will need roughly 30-40.
Squish two balls together and pinch the bottom to create a heart point.
Repeat for all the fondant balls. In a microwave-safe bowl, add the candy melts and coconut oil and microwave in 30-second increments until smooth and creamy. Be sure to mix between intervals.
Using a fork, dip the Oreo balls into the chocolate mixture and tap off excess candy melt. Place back on to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
While the candy melt coating is still wet, add your fondant heart(s).
Let them sit for about 45 minutes until the candy melt shell hardens, then enjoy!
OREO TRUFFLE STORAGE
Store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week…if they even last that long!
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
Valentine Oreo Truffle Recipe
- In a food processor or Blendtec Blender, pulse cookies until they are broken down to fine crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Oreo crumbs and cream cheese and mix to combine.
- Once combined, roll the Oreo mixture into 1 inch balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Chill truffle balls for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Fondant Heart Decoration
- While the truffles chill, shape fondant hearts: Roll 30-40 fondant spheres to 1/4 inch size. Press 2 spheres together pinching at the bottom to form a heart.
Outside Candy Coating
- Place candy melts and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each interval, until smooth.
- Remove chilled truffles from refrigerator
- Using a fork, dip the truffle into the melted candy. Tap to remove excess chocolate and place back on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top each truffle with a fondant heart (or other decoration: sprinkles, edible glitter, confectionaries)
- Allow to sit for at least 45 minutes or until candy coating has hardened.
MORE VALENTINE TREATS: