We take classic chocolate covered strawberry and make it into the perfect Valentine’s Day Treat! Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats! Easy, flavorful and a delicious way to show someone you care!
I forget how EASY Rice Krispie treats are to make. Think about it, 3 ingredients and your actual work time is simply waiting for something to melt and then mixing it up!
Using strawberry flavored cereal from the start, adding in freeze-dried strawberries (Yum!) and some chocolate topping and you have converted a classic into a totally new taste!
I have used strawberry flavored Kool-Aid before to flavor rice Krispie treats, like I did for my Watermelon Krispies and Basketball Krispies so I was excited to try out the strawberry flavored cereal. You might remember I did cocoa cereal for my Football Rice Krispie Treats.
You don’t even have to flavor them to make them fun. I just molded regular Rice Krispie Treats into cute nests and added chocolate eggs for my Easter Treats.
For your convenience, this post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Ingredients for Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Rice Cereal (Amazon | Target | Walmart)
- Mini Marshmallows
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- White Melting Chocolate
Kitchen Tools Needed:
How to Make Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
Start off by melting the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
Add 4 1/2 cups of marshmallows and stir continuously until marshmallow melts.
Mix in the strawberry cereal and fold until fully incorporated.
Add in remaining 1/2 cup marshmallows and 1/2 cup of freeze dried strawberries. Mix well.
Next, spread the mixture evenly into your baking dish. Flatten with a spatula or buttered fingers.
Top with remaining freeze-dried strawberries.
Melt chocolate in separate microwave-safe bowls for 30 second increments, stirring well in between until completely smooth. You can drizzle with a spoon or using a piping bag. Optional, add more mini chocolate chips to top. Let chocolate set for about 30 minutes.
Finally, Remove from the pan via the parchment paper and slice and serve!
Chocolate Strawbery Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 cups Rice Krispie Cereal, Strawberry Flavored
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries, roughly chopped, divided
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips, extra for garnish
- ½ cup White Chocolate
Strawberry Krispie Bars
- Lightly grease a 9×9 pan and line with greased wax or parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. When butter is melted, add 4 1/2 cups of marshmallows and slowly stir until completely melted, stirring often.
- Add the krispie cereal and gently fold until the cereal is coated by the marshmallow and butter mixture.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of freeze-dried strawberries and remaining 1 cup of mini marshmallows until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the cereal mixture into the 9×9 pan and gently press it into an even layer. You may need to butter your fingers while pressing so it doesn't stick. Also, be careful as the mixture is hot.
- Press the remaining freeze-dried strawberries on top of the krispie treats.
- In a microwave-safe bowls, heat the chocolate chips and the white baking chips (separately) in 30-second increments, stirring well in between each heat time until completely melted.
- Use piping bags or drizzle chocolate over top with a spoon.
- Allow the chocolate to set before cutting and serving, (approx 30 min)
- (Optional) top with some more mini-chocolate chip morsels!
- For a less prominent strawberry flavor, you can use regular unflavored rice krispie treats as well.
- Be sure to melt the butter and marshmallows extra slowly to ensure soft and gooey rice krispie treats and low heat as to not burn the mixture.
- Lining the pan with parchment or greased wax paper helps you remove the treats easier for even slicing.
- If you are in a hurry, you can pop the treats in the fridge for a few minutes to help set the chocolate quickly.
- I like to give the freeze dried strawberries a rough chop so they are in smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- You may also choose to stick with 1 type of chocolate and cover the entire top of the treats with a layer of chocolate and then mini chocolate chips and let set! Slice and enjoy!