If you love fresh pineapple and love margaritas, this Pineapple Margarita Recipe is for you! Perfect amount of fresh sweetness that will perfectly hit the spot on a spring or summer night!
Fresh Pineapple Margarita Recipe
Click the button above to save to your board for later!
I am a big fan of both pineapples and margaritas. Not even just for the flavor but for the actual shape of the pineapple itself! I have made pineapple gift boxes, strawberry pineapple margaritas, a pineapple pocket shirt, and my most favorite pineapple dessert, fresh pineapple frozen yogurt with only 4 ingredients!
What is a Margarita?
A classic margarita is a cocktail made with tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice. It can be served “on the rocks” which is over ice or it can be blended with ice and served “frozen” Both versions can be served with or without a salt-rimmed glass.
What Alcohols are best for Margaritas?
Tequila – Use a good quality tequila. Tequilas come in gold or silver. I prefer silver types of tequila. If you want your margarita to be more colorful, then use the gold tequila. My favorite is Patron Silver.
Orange Liqueur – For the orange liqueur, triple sec is commonly used. If you would like to step it up a notch, use Grand Mariner.
Simple Syrup is also commonly used to give it a bit of sweetness. You can find out how to make simple syrup here.
Lime Juice – Fresh works best however in a pinch bottled will do!
Different Margarita Flavors
The classic margarita recipe can be spun into many different flavors. I have recipes for:
- Watermelon Margaritas
- Pineapple Strawberry “Lazy” Margaritas
- Cranberry Margaritas – perfect for spring and fall
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
How to Make a Fresh Pineapple Margarita
Tools Needed for Pineapple Margarita
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
Need any of these tools or the liquors to make this recipe? Add them to your Target cart, order online and either pick up in store, pick up in drive up or have it delivered using Shipt!
Pineapple Margarita Recipe
This recipe is for a single serving. If you would like to make more servings, simply click on the “1 glass” in the recipe below and adjust the servings to you needs. The recipe card ingredients will accordingly!
Rimming Salt Ingredients
- 1 each lime, zest only
- 2 tbsp Rimming Salt
- On a small plate or shallow bowl, combine lime zest and rimming salt.
- Using 1 lime wedge, wet the rim of your glass and then coat the glass rim in the lime salt. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add pineapple chunks and lime wedge. Using a muddler, muddler the fruits together.
- Add ice, lime juice, pineapple juice, and tequila and shake until outside of cocktail shaker is frosted.
- Fill glass with ice and strain the drink from the cocktail shaker into the glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge and pineapple slice if desited!