It’s no secret that I love me a margarita! I also love me some watermelon! My most favorite fruit! Combine the two and you have this deliciously, naturally sweet Watermelon Margarita Recipe that will be a hit at your next picnic, party or as in my case, a Tuesday evening sitting on the porch!
There is something about enjoying a beverage that you made. One that you mixed yourself rather than poured from a bottle. This delicious watermelon margarita recipe is just that! The perfect balance of sweet and refreshing! It’s perfect for summertime!
Watermelon Margarita Ingredients:
- triple sec
- simple syrup (optional depending on your watermelon’s sweetness)
- Lime Juice
How to Make a Watermelon Margarita:
I started off by cubing up about 2.5 cups of seedless watermelon. It was sweet and delicious and juicy!
I added it to my Blendtec and blended it on the juice setting!
Strain the mixture just to make sure any of those seeds (I know, seeds in seedless watermelons!) don’t get through if they didn’t get blended up. The watermelon also has some fibrous parts that sometimes don’t get blended well.
2.5 Cups of cubed watermelon will yield 2 cups of watermelon juice
Next in a shaker add 1-2 mint leaves and muddle them in the bottom of the shaker. Add ice, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and watermelon juice and shake until the outside of the shaker is frosty! Note: If your watermelon is not that sweet you may add 1/2 ounce of simple syrup to help sweeten it up. Mine didn’t need it!
Strain over ice. Garnish with some mint and blueberries and a watermelon slice! You may also choose to rim the glasses with sugar!
There you have a refreshing and delicious summer drink that is perfect for backyard patio parties, sitting under the pergola or perfect for playing backyard games!
I have a thing for watermelons so I invite you to check out my other watermelon recipes as well! There is something about that pink and green that makes me happy!
[cgview id=374,22 name=recipes,desserts tags=watermelon-fun size=275×275 lightbox=0]
Homemade Watermelon Margarita Recipe
Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- 2.5 cups watermelon, fresh, cubed, seedless
- 2 ounces tequila, quality
- 1 ounce triple sec, or orange liqueor
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup, optional if watermelon is not that sweet
- blueberries & mint for garnish, optional
- Blend up cubed watermelon in a blender until it's a juice.
- Strain to remove any leftover seeds or pulp.
- In a shaker fililed with ice, add tequila, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup if necessary, and 4 ounces of watermelon juice.
- Shake until outside of shaker is frosty.
- You may sugar rim the glass. This is optional.
- Serve over ice and garnished with blueberries & mint leaf.
More Drink Recipes you may love:
- The Best Classic Margarita
- Pineapple Strawberry Margarita
- White Peach Sangria
- Strawberry Sangria
- Apple Cinnamon Sangria