This easy DIY Strawberry Lip Gloss is easy to make, tastes delicious and looks adorable in little heart containers. Strawberry flavor, pink in color and smooth and glossy on your lips!
This is a softer lip gloss. If you are looking for a firmer balm then please check out my How to Make Lip Balm post. That is perfect for tubes!
I wanted this to be soft and smooth. Any other 80’s babies out there? Remember Body Shop’s lip gloss tubs?! I was heading in that direction. Not as thick as petroleum jelly but not as firm as a lip balm in a tube. This melts perfectly on your finger and then is smooth on your lips!
I used cosmetic grade mica powder to color these the perfect pink! You can use any natural make up as well, such as Young Living’s Savvy Minerals line. The blushes would be perfect and they are all natural and safe!
You only need a little bit to give great color. I used this Smidgen Measuring Spoon.
Note: The color of the gloss LIGHTENS as the gloss cools and sets up!
Since these are pretty light pink, they will not act as a colored lip gloss. They just add nourishment and shine without feeling too heavy on my lips! I do not like feeling like I have a bunch of junk on my lips so I particularly like this recipe!
You can use any 5 ml (or larger) drams you like, but I thought these heart ones were perfect! Fun for Valentine’s Day and also just because a pink heart is adorbs! I am a mom of three boys, I will take pink heart lip gloss when I can!
This recipe will make 16 heart drams that I list below. Your yield will vary depending on the size of your container.
Supplies for DIY Strawberry Lip Gloss:
- Coconut Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Strawberry Flavor Oil*
- Cosmetic Grade Mica Powder or Savvy Minerals Blush
- Heart Drams
- Smidgen Measuring Spoon
* You can get strawberry alone or for a little more you can get the sampler pack which is what I use so I can make more flavors! You just use a tiny bit in each batch so it lasts!
How to Make Strawberry Lip Gloss
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsps beeswax (organic, white)
- 1/8 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1/2 tsp Lorann Strawberry Flavor Oil
- 1 smidgen Cosmetic Grade Color DustIn a microwave-safe cup (with a spout) combine coconut oil and beeswax and microwave at 30-second intervals until completely melted. (this took me about 3 intervals, 90 seconds)
Add Vitamin E oil, flavoring oil and cosmetic grade mica colorant. Mix well
Carefully pour into heart-shaped drams. Fill to the very top and if you can create a positive meniscus. The gloss will retract as it cools.
Allow the drams to cool either in room temperature or to speed the process in the refrigerator.
Apply to lips and enjoy!
More DIY Beauty Posts You May Like:
- DIY Make Up Remover Pads
- Detox Bath Salt Recipe
- How to Make Lotion Bars
- Make your own Natural Lip Balm
- Sugar Lip Scrub
- Coconut Lemon Sugar Scrub