This delicious and easy butternut squash pasta dish is the perfect dish to whip up for a tasty weeknight meal. The savory bacon and tangy blue cheese complement the sweet squash and pasta noodles!
I am always looking for easy weeknight meals that are not only flavorful and hearty but ones that are healthy also. The sweet butternut squash on top of angel hair pasta tricks my kids into thinking they are not eating veggies!
The addition of the bacon and the tang of the blue cheese completes this meal, creating a layered flavor explosion!
Butternut Squash Pasta Substitutions
If you are not a fan of blue cheese, substituting feta works beautifully! If you are still not a fan of feta, try some shredded parmesan! I know cheeses are very personal!
My kids prefer I omit the green onions on top as garnish. You can also add some fresh parsley in place of the onions.
Don’t have butternut squash? Pumpkin and Acorn Squash work well also!
Want More Easy Recipes?
Enter your best email receive future easy weeknight meals, cocktail ideas or the best appetizers for game night!
Butternut Squash Pasta Dish Preparations
Instead of layering the pasta with the butternut squash mixture on top, I really like to add the pasta to the pan that I cooked the bacon and squash mixture in!
The drained cooked pasta really sucks up all those amazing flavors from the pan and it really enhances the flavor profile!
This pasta dish is also great paired with your favorite Chardonnay.
Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe Ingredients
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Butternut Squash
- Blue Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Green Onions
- Salt to Taste
Don’t want to shop for the ingredients? No problem! You can get a 14 day InstaCart Express free trial and have everything you need to be delivered to your door!
How to Make Butternut Squash Pasta with Bacon and Blue Cheese Weeknight Meal
Butternut Squash Pasta with Blue Cheese and Bacon
- 8 ounces Angel Hair Pasta
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 each shallot, minced
- 2 each green onions, for garnish
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Prepare the pasta as directed on the box. Drain and return to the pot. Add olive oil and mix to prevent the noodles from sticking to each other.
- In a large skillet, cook the chopped bacon until crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Add butter to the pan and when melted add cubed butternut squash. Mix to coat and cook for 8 minutes or until the squash is fork-tender.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute, careful not to burn the garlic.
- Combine the pasta and squash mixture in a large bowl. Top with blue cheese and sliced green onions.
You may also really like this Shrimp & Asparagus Pasta in a White Wine Garlic Butter Sauce! It is a crowd-pleaser!
Or maybe this fresh and easy Simple Tomato Pasta Dish.
MORE PASTA DISHES: