One of the many, many reasons that I adore summer are all the fresh fruits and vegetables that come with sunshine and warmer weather! Harvests are plentiful and especially with Cherry or Grape Tomatoes! I am sharing today my favorite way to use up some of those small tomatoes while feeding my family in a matter of minutes! This Simple Tomato Pasta Recipe is a definite crowd pleaser!
- Angel Hair Pasta (cooked according to box directions, al dente)
- 2 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 5-7 Basil leaves
Prepare your pasta according to the box directions. While that is boiling, cut all of your tomatoes in half, chop your garlic, and chiffon your basil leaves. Combine the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper (to taste) and basil in a bowl. Let sit at least 10 minutes for flavors to marinate. You can let it sit longer for more intense flavors!
Simple Tomato PastaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Prepare pasta according to box directions.
- While water is boiling, cut tomatoes in half, chop garlic and chiffon basil.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Let mixture sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and cover pasta in tomato mixture.
- Top with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese and basil.
You can take a peek at all my recipes here!
This Fettuccine & Garlicky Meatballs is a favorite!
And wash it down with some Sangria!