Grab a faux or real pumpkin, along with some vinyl and my hand-drawn sloth face SVG and you have yourself the cutest sloth pumpkin!
I used a faux white pumpkin for my project which enabled me to actually omit the entire face and fur layer of the design (which was also white) when I applied my vinyl. If you are using an orange pumpkin, you will just want to keep that white layer intact!
Sloth Pumpkin Supplies
I chose to use removable vinyl (Oracle 631) for this project because I like to redecorate in different themes year to year. If you want this guy to stay put, consider using the colors mentioned below but in Oracle 651 Permanent Vinyl.
- Faux or Real Pumpkin (13-inch Cream | 9-inch Cream | 13-inch Orange | 9-inch Orange)
- Light Brown 631 Vinyl
- Soft Pink 631 Vinyl
- Grey 631 Vinyl
- Black 631 Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tool
- Scraper Tool
- Sloth SVG files (found below)
- Electronic cutting machine such as a Silhouette or Cricut
How to Make a Sloth Pumpkin
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Create an adorable sloth pumpkin to enjoy this holiday season!
- Upload the Sloth SVG
Upload the Sloth SVG into your respective cutting machine’s software. Resize if needed for your particular pumpkin.
– How to Upload SVG’s into Silhouette Studio
– How to Upload SVG’s into Cricut Design Space
- Cut your Vinyl Layers
– How to Cut Vinyl on a Cricut
– How to Cut Vinyl on a Silhouette
- Weed Excess Vinyl
Using a weeding hook, remove the excess vinyl from the vinyl sheet leaving only your design.
- Apply the vinyl to the pumpkin in layers
– How to Apply Vinyl
You may need to cut slits in your vinyl and slightly overlap depending on the curvature and smoothness of your pumpkin. That’s OK, you will barely notice and that’s the best way to get the vinyl to lay flat!
- Enjoy your Sloth Pumpkin
MORE VINYL PUMPKIN PROJECTS FROM MY FRIENDS:
- Hello Pumpkin from Lemon Thistle
- Glowing Eye Pumpkin from Persia Lou
- Cauldron Candy Holder from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Rainbow and Clouds pumpkin from Lydi Out Loud
- Monogram Pumpkins from Printable Crush
- Fabric Pumpkins from Sew What Alicia
- Trick or treat yourself from See Lindsay
- Folk art pumpkin from The Craft Patch
- Spiderwebs pumpkin from Girl Loves Glam
- Cactus pumpkin from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Boo Spiderweb from a Girl and a glue gun
- Rainbow hearts from Happiness is Homemade
- Sloth pumpkin from That’s What Che Said
DOWNLOAD SLOTH SVG HERE
This FLASH FREEBIE is no longer available as a free file.
You may now find it in my shop!
Flash Freebies are only available for a limited time.
Be sure to sign up for my emails so you never miss another Flash Freebie!
Join 100k + In Our Email Club
Enter your best email to gain access to the FREEBIE LIBRARY and stay in the loop with our latest projects, recipes and more!