If you are looking for the most perfect summer dessert to use up those delicious summer peaches look no further than this Easy Peach Galette. Whips up in no time using store-bought pie crust or you can substitute your own if you are more of a from-scratch kind of dessert eater!
I know the store-bought pie crust will be a topic of discussion! It seams you are either for or COMPLETELY against using the kind in aisle 12. Me, I am a busy mom who loves to whip up semi-homemade desserts so I use them!
If you love from scratch, I urge you to check out this homemade pie crust recipe from My Baking Addiction! This recipe will yield you 2 crusts and I bet you use them both for this peach galette!
All About Peach Galettes
A galette is a staple in French cuisine. The definition of a galette is a small round cake made of pastry dough or bread. It leaves the different types that can be made an open option so lots of possibilities! They range from pancake-like treats to one of the popular galettes that we Americans recognize is the galette des rois or as we know it, King Cake!
Others are filled with cremes or custards and then you have what we are making today, which is a fruit-filled galette!
Even though the name sounds extravagant, the required tools are basic! A sheet pan, bowl, knife, cutting board, measuring cups and measuring spoons are all that is needed to make a peach galette!
The galette filling can be made ahead of time, covered tightly and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
If not using store bought pie crust you can also make the dough ahead of time as well.
You can freeze both baked and unbaked galettes.
Unbaked: Place unbaked galette on a baking sheet in the freezer for an hour. Remove and wrap in plastic wrap and then transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container. Unbaked galettes can last up to 1 month. To serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bake as directed.
Baked: Freeze a baked galette in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw overnight in the refridgerator. Rewarm as directed above.
Reheat the Galette it in a 375-degree oven for about 10 minutes to warm it up slightly before serving.
You can also use an air fryer at 350F for about 8 minutes.
How to Make a Peach Galette
To start, I mentioned this above, I use refrigerated store-bought pie crusts. Please don’t send me shame emails, it is what it is, that’s how I make treats for my very busy family! If you have a favorite pie crust recipe, use that instead!
First I remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and set on the counter. This makes it a bit easier to handle. Then I preheat my oven to 375F.
Next I slice up my peaches keeping my slices roughly the same size. I add those and all the other ingredients to a bowl and mix until I have this delicious filling.
Next, I carefully unroll and spread out the pie crust. No need for rolling or flouring or anything of the sort. Just open it up and place it on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
If any bit of it tears, just use your fingers to pinch the dough back together.
Scoop your peach filling onto the center of the pie crust and spread out so that you leave about an inch of crust showing.
If your peaches are super juicy (like mine above), use a slotted spoon. It won’t hurt the galette but the will be a good chance it bakes out in the oven. (see below) It’s totally okay!
Now we will fold over a small section of pie crust and make a crease. Continue all the way around the galette until you have what looks like the picture below.
I use a pastry brush and egg wash to brush the crust of the galette and then sprinkle with some granulated sugar.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the peaches are tender. If some of the juices bake out (like mine did) don’t worry about it! That’s what the parchment is there for!
Slice and serve!
How to Serve a Galette
Peach galette can be served just as is. It’s that perfect! Not to sweet, fresh, and the buttery crust is amazing!
You can also serve this with a dollop of whipped cream or alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
MORE PEACH RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
- Fresh Peach Lemonade Slush
- White Peach Sangria
- Peach Dump Cake
- Peach Salsa
- 4 ingredient Peach Frozen Yogurt
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
Easy Peach Galette Recipe
- 1 each Refrigerated Pie Crusts, set out for about 5-10 minutes
- 3 cups Peaches, sliced, about 3 medium peaches
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed, 1/4 of a lemon
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsps All Purpose flour
- 1 each egg, whites only for eggwash
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Evenly slice your peaches and add them to the mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, flour and both types of sugar to the bowl and gently mix until the flour is all incorporated in the spices and juices.
- Carefully unroll your refrigerated pie crust and place it on the parchment-lined baking sheet. If there are any tears or holes seal up any using your fingers topress the dough back together.
- Add the peach mixture to the center of the pie crust. If your peaches are very juicy and you have lots of liquid in your bowl, carefully scoop the peaches out leaving behind the extra liquid.
- Spread out the peaches on the pie crust, leaving only 1 inch of crust around the edges.
- Carefully fold up the crust and crease, Repeat until entire crust is folded up.
- In a small bowl, crack an egg only collecting the egg white. Add a splash of water and whisk with a fork. Use a pastry brush to coat the folded over crust with the egg wash mixture.
- Sprinkle some granulated sugar over the wet egg wash.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and peaches are soft and tender.
- Slice and Serve. 6 large servings or 8 smaller ones.