These sweet little nest Easter Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for your Easter celebrations, class parties, or playgroups! Easter Rice Krispie Treats are easy to make, and deliciously soft, and add in those chocolate eggs, what could be better?
I really like to take normal, common recipes and just make a few tweaks to them to make them seasonal. I think as busy people, recipes and tricks like this can make it easier for us to do those fun “Pinterest” things without buying a bunch of new tools or spending 14 hours in the kitchen!
These no-bake treats are easy and fun and are the perfect addition to your easter desserts!
Helpful Supplies for Nest Rice Krispy Easter Treats:
These are easy. Instead of pouring the warm mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and cutting them into squares, we are going to mold the warm mixture into balls and press our thumbs in the center for the center of the ball to create a nest.
Use lots of butter on your hands or spray your fingers with non-stick cooking spray for this! The kids can even help. The size of your nests will determine the number of servings! I used a slightly smaller than a tennis ball size of crispy rice cereal balls. I mean go big or go home, right?
Once the cereal nests have cooled, drop a few egg-shaped candies in the center. Cadbury easter egg candies and easter M&M are a few good ones.
Tips for Easter Rice Krispy Treats:
This is such an easy dessert but here are some great tricks when making them!
- Use fresh marshmallows
- Use unsalted butter
- Don’t burn the marshmallow/butter mixture. Take it slow. Slow and steady.
- You can also microwave the marshmallows! Take note, they expand when microwaved!
- If the mixture sticks to your hands…use more butter! Butter is life, lol
- Store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Some prefer to add 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You can also add sprinkles or white chocolate
Easter Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- 8 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 8 tbsps butter
- 16 ounces mini-marshmallows
- Egg M&M’s
- In a large pot, melt butter and mini marshmallows over medium low heat. Stir these constantly so they do not burn.
- Remove from heat right before the last marshmallows melt.
- Add in rice cereal and use a spatula to fold the marshmallow mixture into the cereal. Continue until everything is incorporated.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes to cool just slightly so that you can easily form the nexts with your hands.
- To form the nests, butter your hands (yep, use butter like lotion) and then grab a tennis ball sized amount of krispie mixture and make a ball. Press your thumb into the center to make the indent of the nest and form the outsides as needed.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and repeat with remaining mixture, rebuttering your hands as needed.
- Allow to cool. Once cool add egg shaped M&M’s to the nest
More Krispie Treats you may like:
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treat
- Basketball Rice Krispie Treats
- Football Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
Be sure to check out my collection of Easter Projects & Recipes and these from my friends:
Easter Snack Mix from Moritz Fine Designs and ADORABLE Bunny Butt Cupcakes from I am Baker.
Comments & Reviews
OMG, how stinkin’ cute!!