These sweet little nest rice krispie treats are perfect for your Easter celebrations, class parties or play groups! Easter Rice Krispie Treats are easy to make, deliciously soft and add in those chocolate eggs, what could be better?
I really like to take normal, common recipes and just make a few tweaks to them to make them seasonal. I think as busy people, recipes and tricks like this can make it easier for us to do those fun “Pinterest” things without buying a bunch of new tools or spending 14 hours in the kitchen!
Even being a creative blogger it is a constant struggle for me as a mom to try to make things fun and special for my kids while still juggling all the different aspects of life and managing my family and having enough TIME. Easy is key for me! These Easter Rice Krispie Treats are EASY!
Helpful Supplies for Nest Rice Krispy Treats:
These are easy. Instead of pouring the warm mixture into a 9×13 pan and cutting into squares we are going to mold the mixture into balls and press our thumbs in the center for the center of the nest. Use lots of butter on your hands for this! The kids can even help. The size of your nests will determine the servings you get! I used slightly smaller than a tennis ball. I mean go big or go home, right?
Tips for Easter Rice Krispy Treats:
- Use fresh marshmallows
- Don’t burn the marshmallow/butter mixture. Take it slow. Slow and steady.
- If the mixture sticks to your hands…use more butter! Butter is life, lol
- Store these in an airtight container for up to a week.
Easter Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Easter Rice Krispie TreatsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 8 tbsps butter
- 16 ounces mini-marshmallows
- Egg M&M's
- In a large pot, melt butter and mini marshmallows over medium low heat. Stir these constantly so they do not burn.
- Remove from heat right before the last marshmallows melt.
- Add in rice cereal and use a spatula to fold the marshmallow mixture into the cereal. Continue until everything is incorporated.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes to cool just slightly so that you can easily form the nexts with your hands.
- To form the nests, butter your hands (yep, use butter like lotion) and then grab a tennis ball sized amount of krispie mixture and make a ball. Press your thumb into the center to make the indent of the nest and form the outsides as needed.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and repeat with remaining mixture, rebuttering your hands as needed.
- Allow to cool. Once cool add egg shaped M&M's to the nest
More Krispie Treats you may like:
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treat
- Basketball Rice Krispie Treats
- Football Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
Be sure to check out my collection of Easter Projects & Recipes and these from my friends:
Pin Easter Nest Rice Krispie Treats