Join 100k + In Our Email Club

Yes, I want in!

Comments

1. Charmaine says

Oh my! I have been in search of this recipe for YEARS! Growing up, there was a lady in our church that made this. She had given my mom the recipe and we made it all the time. At some point in my parents last move…about 7 years ago…the recipe got lost…THANK YOU for this!

• Cheryl says

Hi Brenda! You will love it! I am making this again for Thanksgiving also! I used unsalted butter and pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!) Happy Turkey Day!

• Cheryl says

I am so sorry Maureen, I just found your comment in my Spam (stupid filter!) The small can is 15 ounces. You shouldn’t have a problem leaving comments again, I added you to the safe list ;-)

2. Kelly says

This looks amazing! we are big fans of butter around here! i mean, who’s not? What do you think about using pumpkin pie spice instead of nutmeg? If so how much? And would I still use the cinnamon? Thanks! Plan on making this tonight!

3. Andrea says

I know it’s only September but my hubby LOVES gooey butter cake and fall is in the air… this is a must make it was unbelievable!

4. Irina says

I only had spice cake mix in my pantry and I used that instead of yellow cake mix. It turned out amazing! Thank you for the wonderful recipe!

5. Melissa rees says

I made this yesterday and it was amazing! I’m wondering if you can bake it in a pie pan? Seems more en vogue to bring pie shaped stuff to Thanksgiving

6. stacy says

Just made this for thanksgiving & it was a hit. Now my family is making me bake it for my sister’s birthday and Christmas too. Delicious! I didn’t have powdered sugar so I put regular sugar in the blender.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recipe Rating

THE FINE PRINT

I love it when you share however please keep in mind all images and text on this site are property of That's What Che Said. Feel free to use one photo, provided that link back to my original post is included. Please do not remove any watermarks, crop or edit any of my images without obtaining written permission from me.

All free printables offered are for personal use only. When sharing please link back to the post and not the download link.

Photos of my children are prohibited from use, unless you want to pay for their college...then let's chat!

Pinning is always welcome and appreciated! Thanks for making this a fun place to visit!

That's What Che Said/Cheryl Spangenberg is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.