I am love with this fabulous recipe for Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake! Perfect for chilly days paired with your favorite hot beverage!
What I love about this recipe is that the cake itself is not too sweet, but the crunchy crumbly topping gives it all the sweetness it needs! Paired with some chocolate mint coffee…it’s about perfection on a plate!
Chocolate Chip Coffee CakePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- In large bowl combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt.
- Heat milk, water and butter in small saucepan until it reaches 120F - 130F.
- Gradually add to dry ingredients.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in chocolate chips and remaining flour to create a soft batter.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Cover, let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size (about 1 hour)
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with Chocolate Nut mixture and return to oven and bake additional 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
Chocolate Nut Topping:
- In medium bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly.
- stir in sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chips and nuts.
You can find all the posts for this series by clicking the button below! Also feel free to sign up for email notifications of my posts! You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter!