Remember hot summer days where you would take a break from a neighborhood game of hide the flag and enjoy an ice cream treat? I always loved the ones we referred to as brown cows! The vanilla ice cream with chocolate hard shell outside! You’d have to eat it fast enough that it didn’t melt all over the sidewalk! I have partnered with International Delight and whipped up an adult version, Mocha Brown Cow Frozen Treats using their Mocha Iced Coffee and their Mocha Creamer! Oh it’s so refreshing and takes me back to my childhood…except now with the flavor of coffee! Yum!
These mocha brown cow frozen treats are the perfect way to deal with hot days. Normally in the afternoon when my youngest wakes from his nap, all three of my boys go outside to enjoy a popsicle. I decided I needed to join them, however with my favorite indulgence…coffee + chocolate!
TIP: Let the mixture freeze for an hour or so before you insert the popsicle sticks into the mold! Otherwise they will float around and not stand straight up and down!
Then when they were frozen I added some chocolate candy shell to the outsides! You can completely cover them or just do part. I didn’t want to get too crazy…I have to go fit in a bikini for Jamaica, lol!
The chocolate shell hardens in about 30 seconds, if that, so you don’t have to wait to enjoy!
How to Make Mocha Brown Cow Frozen Treats:
Mocha Brown cow Frozen Treats
- 2 cups International Delight Mocha Flavored Iced Coffee Beverage
- 1 cup International Delight Mocha Coffee Creamer
- Chocolate Candy Shell Syrup
- Mix the iced coffee beverage and the creamer together in a bowl or pitcher
- Fill the popsicle molds up to the top, leave a smidge of room for displacement from the stick.
- Freeze for about 1 hour before inserting wooden sticks. It makes it easier to keep the sticks straight in your mold.
- Place the lid on the mold and insert wooden popsicle sticks.
- Return to the freezer for an addition 1-2 hours.
- Once frozen, remove popsicles from the mold. You may need to run the mold under lukewarm water to allow easier popsicle removal.
- Pour the Candy Shell over the bars. Candy shell is liquid and will harden in a matter of seconds!