Turn your favorite hot beverage into portable, giftable, treats! Hot Chocolate on a stick is a perfect neighbor gift, bus driver, dance teacher or secret santa gift idea!
You know we just lived in Minnesota for 3.5 years and anyone from Minnesota knows things are ALWAYS better on a stick! These super easy, fun treats are not only delicious but they are such a good treat to share with neighbors, friends or to bring to holiday festivities!
I made 3 different versions: (left to right) Regular Hot Chocolate, Vanilla Hot Chocolate & Peppermint Hot Chocolate. I am going to share how to make the Regular Hot Chocolate here and you can click the link below and print out the other two variations as well as a cute Printable for giving these to others
Ingredients Needed for Classic Hot Chocolate on a Stick:
- 1 cup milk chocolate, shaved or in chips
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate, shaved or in chips
- 3/4 cup (4 oz. bar) of unsweetened chocolate, shaved
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 25 lollipop sticks
- aluminum foil
- cooking spray
- Large Marshmallows
Hot Chocolate on a Stick Recipe
Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- Line a 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper
- Place all chocolate in a large heat-safe bowl and set aside.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and the cream in a small saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until it reaches a simmer. (It will scorch very easily so make sure to keep stirring!)
- Once the milk & cream mixture is simmering, pour on the chocolate and let sit for a minute to soften the chocolate. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into your pan and smooth out.
- Once set, slice in 25 pieces. Cutting Tip: Heat a knife in warm water and then dry. Cut a slice, wipe knife clean and repeat the heating. This will give you clean cuts on your chocolate cubes.
- Insert a lollipop stick into a large marshmallow and then into your chocolate cube!
- Let the chocolate set for about 4 hours on the counter.
- Cut into squares. I normally get 25-30 pieces.
- Insert a lolipop stick into each piece.
- See notes below for different garnishes
- Peppermint: add 1 tsp peppermint extract to the melted chocolate mixture and garnish finished pop with white chocolate and candy cane crumbs.
- Orange: add 1 tsp orange extract to the melted chocolate mixture and garnish with orange zest on top of the chocolate before it sets
- Classic: Add a large marshmallow to the lollipop stick before the hot chocolate square.
MORE HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Serve it on this cute Hot Cocoa Tray with Free SVG!
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
How to Use Hot Chocolate on a Stick:
1. I warmed about a cup and a half of skim milk in a saucepan until simmering. Be sure to stir constantly. (Water is not recommended for this recipe! Milk is SO. MUCH. BETTER!)
2. Pour milk in mug and place a Hot Chocolate Stick in the mug. Let it set for a minute or two to soften then stir until dissolved!
3. Add tiny marshmallows or whipped cream and ENJOY!
You can package each stick in a clear candy bag tied with cute ribbon and attach the directions! Here is a free printable for you! Use a 2” circle punch to cut them out!