If you need a quick and easy dinner idea and you need it for more than 2 people, these chicken sheet pan quesadillas are perfect! Who wants to stand over a pan and make quesadillas one by one when you can make them all at the same time using a sheet pan? This will become a weeknight dinner favorite!
I am also always on the lookout for weeknight meals that no one complains about. I mean, it is always one of them! Two like it and one complains, lol! This meal is both easy and there are no complaints so it gets high ratings on my list of dinner ideas!
Sheet pan quesadillas blew my mind because if you have to cook them low and slow if using a skillet and who wants to stand there and make each quesadilla individually for a family? Not me! Using a sheet pan you can bake all the quesadillas at once and then cut and serve individually.
Everyone can add their own toppings and everyone is happy!
Time Saving Tips for Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- Use pre-cooked chicken. Either cook a big batch at once for the week’s dinners or use a rotisserie chicken!
- This works best with 2 baking sheets of the same size.
- I like to preheat the 2nd baking sheet in the oven while it is preheating. This is option and completely not necessary.
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Black Beans
- Vegetable Oil
- Shredded Cheese
- Green onions
- Chili Powder
Don’t want to shop for the ingredients? No problem! You can get a 14 day InstaCart Express free trial and have everything you need to be delivered to your door!
Want More Easy Recipes?
Enter your best email receive future easy weeknight meals, cocktail ideas or the best appetizers for game night!
How to Make Sheet Pan Quesadillas
For this recipe, we will saute the bell peppers & onions in some oil until they are nice and tender.
Next, add the garlic, cooked chicken, beans, spices, remaining oil, and salsa. Stir and cook one to two minutes.
Then you will want to spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and spread 6 tortillas on the pan.
Spread the chicken mixture in the center of the tortillas.
Next, add the shredded cheese and green onions.
Place 2 more tortillas on top towards the center and wrap the bottom layer of tortillas up and over the center ones. Basically, you are creating a pocket with the tortillas. Once folded place another sprayed baking sheet on top to keep the tortillas from popping open.
Bake in the oven at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Cut into 6 pieces and serve! From here each person can garnish how they like! My favorite garnishes are cilantro, sour cream and a bit more salsa!
I double the recipe and I bake both at the same time and they need about 5 more minutes of cook time with 2 pans in the oven!
These can be served with rice and beans as a main course or they are also great for appetizers! They are great for parties because they are handheld and keep well after being baked!
Recipes that Pair Great with Chicken Quesadillas
Chicken Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 black beans, 15 oz can
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 7-8 tortillas, 10 inch, burrito sized
- 2-3 stalks green onion
- Sauté in a skillet the diced onion and bell pepper with 1 tablespoon of oil
- Add garlic, chicken, beans, spices, oil and salsa. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Spray sheet pan with oil and place tortillas half on half off the pan.
- Fill the middle of tortillas with chicken mixture. Add cheese and green onions. Place remaining tortillas in center to cover area. Fold over the outside tortillas and place another sprayed sheet pan on top to keep tortillas closed.
- Bake in oven on 425 for 20 minutes.
- Remove and cut into 6 pieces.