A boozy twist on traditional hot chocolate! A hint of sweetness from the maple syrup, smooth bourbon, a hint of orange, this maple bourbon hot chocolate recipe is perfect for your fall nights around the fire or for strolling through the neighborhood looking at holiday lights!
If you are looking for a standard hot chocolate recipe, I urge you to check out my Best Stovetop Hot Chocolate recipe. So delicious!
I also have a fun Hot Chocolate on a Stick that is so perfect for gift giving!
An Old Fashioned is one of my most favorite drinks. Bourbon, Orange Bitters & Simple Syrup over ice. This is basically the hot chocolate version! I cannot find anything wrong with this scenario!
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
MAPLE BOURBON HOT CHOCOLATE
This recipe is sweetened by maple syrup so it’s not too terribly sweet which makes sipping on it all night long and easy task! This recipe is easy to make and you only need a few supplies that you probably already have in your kitchen
Maple Bourbon Hot Chocolate Supplies
Tips for Maple Bourbon Hot Chocolate
- Add in the alcohol at the end and off the heat. If the hot chocolate mixture is too hot, you will burn off the alcohol.
- On the opposite, if you WANT the flavor but not the alcohol, then add in when the hot chocolate mixture is hot and the alcohol will burn off.
- Cointreau is my favorite but any Orange Liquor will work
- You can also use packets of hot chocolate. You will want to adjust the amount of maple syrup then because the packages are pre-sweetened.
- You can easily adjust the recipe below by clicking on the YIELD at the top of the recipe and using the slider to adjust. This is great if you want to make a big batch for a group or to sip on all night long!
MAPLE BOURBON HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Maple Bourbon Hot Chocolate
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 oz dark chocolate, grated
- 1 oz maple syrup
- 2 oz Bourbon
- ½ oz Cointreau
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tbsp whipped cream
- 1 tsp chocolate shavings
- Combine milk and chocolate in a saucepan and whisk over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Bring chocolate mixture to a low simmer (do not boil). Add maple syrup and a pinch of salt and stir well.
- Remove from heat and add in bourbon and Cointreau.
- Pour into mugs and garnish with whipped topping and chocolate shavings.