Make the cutest Halloween cake pops that are perfect for little witches and warlocks! These cauldron cake pops are easy, cute and a fun treat idea for a Halloween party or get-together! See how easy they come together using cake mix and frosting!
It’s hard to believe that it is time to start thinking about Halloween but it will be here before you know it! It’s best to get a jump start and why not with these tasty Halloween treats?
WHAT’S IN THIS POST?
- What is a Cake Pop?
- Ingredients Needed
- Kitchen Supplies Needed
- How to Make Cauldron Cake Pops
- How to Serve & Store Halloween Cake Pops
- Halloween Cauldron Cake Pop Recipe
What Is a Cake Pop?
A cake pop is a sweet dessert treat where cake is baked and then broken up and combined with frosting to form a thick dough. The dough is then rolled into balls and a cake pop stick is inserted. The dough ball is then dipped in a melted chocolate or candy melt mixture to create a candy coating and then decorated per occasion or holiday.
These popular treats can be made from homemade cake and frosting recipes, as well as boxed cake mix and store-bought frosting making them easy, treats to whip up.
This post may contain Amazon Associate and other affiliate links.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from these links at no additional cost to you.
cauldron Cake Pop Ingredients:
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix (including ingredients for the cake mix)
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting (or any frosting of your choice such as buttercream, or chocolate!)
- Cocoa candy melts
- Green candy melts
- Orange candy melts
- Almond bark
- Green and orange round sprinkles (these are the ones I used and then separated
- Cake pop sticks (I used short but long is ok too!)
You can also find bottles of round sugar pearls in orange and green on Amazon!
Kitchen Supplies Needed:
Here are some helpful kitchen utensils that are needed to make cauldron cake pops. You can also use spoons, but the cookie scoop just makes things easier! Styrofoam blocks work great if you don’t have a cake pop stand! Use what you have!
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Cookie Scoop
- Cake Pop Sticks
- 3 small Microwave safe bowls
- Fork or a Candy Melt Toolkit
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
How to Make Halloween Cake Pops
First, go ahead and bake your cake using the package directions or your homemade recipe instructions. It doesn’t matter what pans you use to bake your cake since we will crumble it all up anyway! Once that is cool you will combine the baked cake and frosting in a large bowl and mix them together.
After the cake mixture is incorporated, use a cookie scoop to scoop out golf ball-sized batter balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with a sheet of parchment paper.
In a microwave-safe bowl follow the directions on the package and melt the chocolate candy melts. Dip the end of the cake pop stick into the melted chocolate and insert it into each of your cake balls. Once the sticks are inserted start back at the first ball and dip it completely into the melted chocolate and return back to the flat surface of the baking sheet allowing the excess chocolate to pool creating a flat top. Repeat for all pops.
Once the chocolate is set you can then dip the bottom 1/3 of the cake pop into the green or orange melted chocolate and hold it upright to create the drip effect. Immediately add the sugar pearls to the top of the cake pop to create bubbles. Let the candy set and enjoy!
You can also use regular sprinkles or small candy eyeballs in place of or in addition to the sugar pearl decorations! Use what you have or what you can find to make these cauldron Halloween cake pops!
Ideas to serve & Store Halloween cake pops
To serve, place the cauldron cake pops into a styrofoam block covered in black tulle or you can display them using a cake pop stand. You can also individually wrap these fun cake pops with a cellophane bag and cute holiday ribbon to create individual treats to pass to friends!
To store the cake pops, keep them in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. In warmer climates, it will be best to store these in the refrigerator.
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN DESSERT IDEAS?
Cauldron Cake Pop Recipe
This recipe creates 20 Halloween Cake Pops. You may use the serving adjuster next to the ingredients list to double or triple the amount of cauldron pops The ingredients will increase accordingly.
Use the checkmarks next to the ingredients as you create your shopping list!
Couldron Halloween Cake Pops
- Cake Pop Sticks
- 3 Microwave-safe bowl - 3 small bowls
- Cake Pop Holder
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix, including ingredients for the cake mix
- 1/4 cup cream cheese frosting, or any frosting of your choice such as buttercream, or chocolate!
- 12 oz cocoa chocolate melts, melted
- 4 oz green chocolate melts, melted
- 4 oz orange chocolate melts, melted
- 1 oz vanilla almond bark, 1 square, melted
- green and orange round sprinkles
- 20 each cake pop sticks, I used short but long is ok too!
- Bake your cake according to the box mix instructions. Once cooked, allow to completely cool.1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- In a large mixing bowl, add your baked cake and frosting. Mix well.1/4 cup cream cheese frosting
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop your cake mix. With the palms of your hands, roll into a ball.
- Dip your pop stick into a very small amount (the size of your pinky nail) of the melted chocolate. Then immediately stick into your cake pop. Repeat until all the cake/frosting mixture is made into pops (about 20)1 oz vanilla almond bark, 20 each cake pop sticks
- Add parchment paper to a cookie sheet.
- Dip each cake pop into the melted chocolate. Once coated, hold the stick, and lightly tap your cake pop on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Once you feel that most of the excess is done, put the cake pop upside down (stick up). Repeat until all cake pops are coated.12 oz cocoa chocolate melts
- Dip about 1/3 of the cake pop in the melted orange and green chocolate. Hold the stick, and lightly bang the stick on a hard surface causing the “drip” effect. Immediately add your round sprinkles to the top of your cake pop while it’s still wet.4 oz green chocolate melts, 4 oz orange chocolate melts, green and orange round sprinkles
- I like to use Styrofoam to place the cake pop in as you’ll need to allow it to dry.
- Once the chocolate has dried, serve!