I by no means invented this idea or recipe but it’s become a fan favorite around here so I wanted to share! It’s so easy to make these red, white & blue layered jello treats and they taste as good as they look!
Jell-O is a treat that I often forget about! It’s so delicious that I can’t imagine why this happens, but it does. I think the 4 hour set time always intimidates me because normally I am a last-minute gal and I normally am lacking that 4 hours set time window! Ha! The truth hurts! :)
However when I do get my act together I can make these guys up and they are such a big HIT! And frankly, they are so easy. If you can stir, you can make these layered jello treat cups!
What you need to make layered jello cups:
- Minimum 2 flavors of gelatin. I like using Jell-O brand.
- Whipped Topping
- Clear Plastic cups or small bowls
- Measuring cup
- Bowls to Mix
- (2) Shallow dishes. I used 8 x 8 glass Pyrex dishes.
The kids think these are the greatest things ever and why wouldn’t they? Jell-O & Whip Cream?!? Yes please! They are mighty tasty if I do say so myself! I did partake in Jell-O eating. Any small clear plastic container works for these! I love these clear drinking cups! You could use glass containers also but I have kids and our parties are normally outside so I like to stick to plastic! LOL!
These look amazing on my party table!
You can find the tutorials for the following projects here:
- FREE Patriotic Party Printables (Water Bottle Labels + Cupcake Toppers)
- Red, White & Blue Fresh Fruit Popsicles
- USA Jean Pocket Bunting Banner
- Firecracker Table Centerpiece
- One Pan Flag Cake Recipe
- Patriotic Napkin Rings
Want More Easy Recipes?
Enter your best email receive future easy weeknight meals, cocktail ideas or the best appetizers for game night!
Red, White & Blue Layered Jell-OPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 box Red Jell-O, Strawberry or Cherry
- 1 box Blue Jell-O, Blue Raspberry
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Clear Cups
- Prepare Jell-O according to box directions using the “Quick Set” directions on the box.
- Add each color to it’s own separate 8 x 8 cake pan to set.
- Once set cut into cubes.
- Layer in Red Jell-O cubes
- Next Layer in Cool Whip
- Finally top with Blue Jell-O Cubes