I by no means invented this idea or recipe but it’s become a fan favorite around here so I wanted to share! It’s so easy to make these red, white & blue layered jello treats and they taste as good as they look!
Jell-O is a treat that I often forget about! It’s so delicious that I can’t imagine why this happens, but it does. I think the 4 hour set time always intimidates me because normally I am a last-minute gal and I normally am lacking that 4 hours set time window! Ha! The truth hurts! :)
However when I do get my act together I can make these guys up and they are such a big HIT! And frankly, they are so easy. If you can stir, you can make these layered jello treat cups!
What you need to make layered jello cups:
- Minimum 2 flavors of gelatin. I like using Jell-O brand.
- Whipped Topping
- Clear Plastic cups or small bowls
- Measuring cup
- Bowls to Mix
- (2) Shallow dishes. I used 8 x 8 glass Pyrex dishes.
The kids think these are the greatest things ever and why wouldn’t they? Jell-O & Whip Cream?!? Yes please! They are mighty tasty if I do say so myself! I did partake in Jell-O eating. Any small clear plastic container works for these! I love these clear drinking cups! You could use glass containers also but I have kids and our parties are normally outside so I like to stick to plastic! LOL!
These look amazing on my party table!
You can find the tutorials for the following projects here:
- FREE Patriotic Party Printables (Water Bottle Labels + Cupcake Toppers)
- Red, White & Blue Fresh Fruit Popsicles
- USA Jean Pocket Bunting Banner
- Firecracker Table Centerpiece
- One Pan Flag Cake Recipe
- Patriotic Napkin Rings
You can also see ALL my Patriotic Projects from years past as well! Just click here!
Don’t Miss Out!
Get all my delicious email recipes straight to your inbox!
Red, White & Blue Layered Jell-OPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 box Red Jell-O, Strawberry or Cherry
- 1 box Blue Jell-O, Blue Raspberry
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Clear Cups
- Prepare Jell-O according to box directions using the “Quick Set” directions on the box.
- Add each color to it’s own separate 8 x 8 cake pan to set.
- Once set cut into cubes.
- Layer in Red Jell-O cubes
- Next Layer in Cool Whip
- Finally top with Blue Jell-O Cubes
Comments & Reviews
Molly Moo says
An old family friend told my mom years ago that he was convinced we thought Jell-O was its own food group.
If you want to cut the set time in half and have more “jiggler style” Jell-O you can mix 1 1/3c. boiling water with one box of Jell-O and 1 packet of Knox unflavored gelatin. These are great to cut in cubes and super fun with cookie cutters to make different shapes!
Cheryl Spangenberg says
I loved Jigglers growing up!