I by no means invented this idea or recipe! However I am totally guilty of thinking that it was more work than it was worth to make these cute little red, white & blue layered jello treats. It’s really one of the simplest treats I could make and it has such a fabulous visual impact on your taste buds as well as for your holiday food table!
Jell-O is a treat that I often forget about! It’s so delicious that I can’t imagine why this happens but it does. I think the 4 hour set time always intimidates me because normally I am a last minute gal and I normally am lacking that 4 hour set time window! Ha! The truth hurts! :) However when I do get my act together I can make these guys up and they are such a big HIT! And frankly, they are so easy. If you can stir, you can do this!
Red, White & Blue Layered Jell-O
- 1 box Red Jell-O, Strawberry or Cherry
- 1 box Blue Jell-O, Blue Raspberry
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Clear Cups
- Prepare Jell-O according to box directions using the "Quick Set" directions on the box.
- Add each color to it's own separate 8 x 8 cake pan to set.
- Once set cut into cubes.
- Layer in Red Jell-O cubes
- Next Layer in Cool Whip
- Finally top with Blue Jell-O Cubes
The kids think these are the greatest things ever and why wouldn’t they? Jell-O & Whip Cream?!? Yes please! They are mighty tasty if I do say so myself! I did partake in Jell-O eating. Any small clear plastic container works for these! I love these clear drinking cups! You could use glass containers also but I have kids and our parties are normally outside so I like to stick to plastic! LOL!
These look amazing on my party table!
You can find the tutorials for the following projects here:
- FREE Patriotic Party Printables (Water Bottle Labels + Cupcake Toppers)
- Red, White & Blue Fresh Fruit Popsicles
- USA Jean Pocket Bunting Banner
- Firecracker Table Centerpiece
- One Pan Flag Cake Recipe
- Patriotic Napkin Rings