JUMP TO RECIPE
Is it getting hot where you live? It is certainly getting warmer here! Why not celebrate the patriotic holidays of summer with some Patriotic Popsicles made with Gatorade & fresh fruit?!
My house runs on popsicles. I am not even kidding. Do you want to know who demands them and eats them the most? My husband! Yep, my husband. He is a popsicle addict! My kids follow closely behind their daddy and while my husband can be in charge of his own caloric and sugar intake, I am in charge of my kids. I made these with Cherry Frost Gatorade! Fruity flavor, added electrolytes for summer activities and fresh fruit to keep them happy!
I always get intimidated with layered popsicles. I don’t know why that is, because frankly they are not hard to make and they say we eat with our eyes first, right? So I think they look really pretty! They do take some extra time for the layers but it’s totally worth it and will make your patriotic party extra fabulous!
How to make these Patriotic Popsicles:
Patriotic Popsicles with Fresh Fruit
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Cherry Frost Gatorade
- Slice your strawberries into small bite sized pieces. I either cut in quarters or eighths depending on size.
- Fill the lower 1/3 or your popsicle mold or cup with strawberries and add enough Gatorade to cover strawberries.
- Freeze until firm on top.
- Next fill the next 1/3 of the popsicle mold with gatorade only.
- Freeze until firm on top but not frozen through. You still want to be able to add the popsicle stick in.
- Add blueberries to the top and then cover with more Gatorade.
- Insert your popsicle mold lids or popsicle sticks if using cups.
- Freeze until frozen solid.
If you love frozen treats, this Raspberry Cream Frozen treat is just heavenly as well!
Some other of our favorite frozen desserts are these Mini-Frozen Lemonade Pies
You can find all my Frozen Desserts as well on my Recipe page!
Don’t forget to check out my other Patriotic Projects as well! There are Free Printables, Wreaths and more!