This Patriotic One Pan Cake Recipe takes no time at all and will be the HIT of your party or summer BBQ! I’m not actually sure if I should call this a cake or a cobbler or a tart-ish kind of thing or what? Maybe it’s better to just call it a dessert and keep it general? Any way you should decide to classify it, one thing’s for sure… it’s delicious!!! I made it festive for the Patriotic Holidays during the summer, however you can just add one filling and make it year round!
This super simple American Flag Cake is sure to please and it is SO. EASY. TO. MAKE. <—No really, it is so easy you mix everything right in the cake pan! THAT’S right…ONE, count it, ONE dirty dish! Yay!
I start by melting the butter right in the pan as the oven preheats!
Then I mix in all the other ingredients…right in the pan. My mom makes this cake and she made it a few weekends ago with just blueberries and I thought, I could totally make this to look like a flag. So I did! I just added some Cherry Pie filling for the stripes! Bam!
Get the full recipe here:
Patriotic One Pan Cake Recipe
- 1 stick butter unsalted (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- In your cake pan, add your stick of butter and melt in the oven while the oven preheats. BE SURE NOT TO BURN THE BUTTER!
- Next, add the sugar, flour, baking powder and milk to the cake pan and mix.
- Using a spoon, drip the pie filling in the image of a flag. Don't be afraid to use the pie filling. I used the whole can of cherries, and half the can of blueberry.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- You can serve immediately or at room temperature. Cake will be easier to cut and serve once it is cool.
© That’s What Che Said, LLC. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
I love all the patriotic holidays of summer and so this is a great addition to my other patriotic treats like these Patriotic Popsicles that I made with fresh fruit and White Cherry Gatorade!