Another super cute (and super inexpensive) project to add some Mickey Mouse fun to your party!
- Small metal buckets or bins
- Dried Beans
- Small Doll Rods (1/4” or smaller)
- Styrofoam balls in 2 sizes (an assortment package at Dollar tree has enough for one centerpiece)
- Black Paint
- Embellishments (Pinwheels or star stakes etc.)
- Gift zig-zag party packaging
- Hot glue/Glue Gun
I purchased everything but the doll rods & Black paint (that I already had) from Dollar Tree!
1. I started out by hot gluing 2 smaller Styrofoam balls onto a larger one to create Mickey’s Head. I painted the Mickey Head black, using black acrylic paint and a stencil brush.
3. I cut the doll rods to the appropriate length (height) and then inserted one end into the bottom of the Mickey Head.
4. I used another Styrofoam ball as the base and then inserted the other end of the doll rod there and then inserted the pinwheels on both sides, a little lower than the Mickey Head.
5. I placed the base Styrofoam ball into the metal bucket and then filled it with dried beans to hold the ball and sticks in place
I topped the beans with the zig-zag gift packaging material and A Mickey Centerpiece was born!
So Easy…but so cute!
Be sure to check out all the posts from our Mickey Mouse Birthday Party! There are more to come also so be sure to follow on Facebook or enter your e-mail address below to get my posts delivered to your inbox!
Comments & Reviews
Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista says
I love reading about all the aspects of this adorable party!
hi, i love your centerpieces! i’m going to try them for my son’s 1st birthday! where did you find the mickey printed cloth that you have on the table underneath the centerpieces?
Michele, I found them at Hobby Lobby in the bandana section on clearance!
So cute! Everything from the styrofoam balls to the dowel rods is so cheap and easy to find! Love!
Thanks so much Annette! I appreciate it! They might be one of my favorite centerpieces!
Where did you get the pinwheels? I love this! good job!
Cheryl Spangenberg says
Ruby, I picked those up at Dollar Tree. They came in packs of three (different colors) They normally have them about spring-summer time!
Very cute… I LOVE those napkins! Where did you get those???
Cheryl Spangenberg says
Lydia, They are actually bandanas that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. They have a huge selection of open stock bandanas in all different colors, patterns and characters!