It has reached that point where I can no longer juggle all. the. balls. I am wearing too many hats and my neck is sore! I am forgetting what my kids look like…ok not really but you get the idea!
I am on the hunt for St. Louis’ very brightest, energetic and creative friends to join the That’s What Che Said team. If you have a creative heart, a hard-working, detail-oriented brain, and can spot what needs to be done a mile away, I’d love to hear from you.
A good portion of this job can be done on your own schedule (to an extent) however I am looking for someone to be able to come in person to my home studio to help with blog post projects, recipes, clean up, photography, organization etc. as safety allows due to the pandemic.
Keep scrolling for all the details!
— Creative Development Assistant —
- Address day-to-day tasks (i.e. small errands, organization, scheduling)
- Schedule & manage social media content
- Sort and handle business emails
- Manage daily amplification of That’s What Che Said content
- Assist with tutorial photography and filming and clean up
- Creative brainstorming and developing content ideas
YOU MUST BE:
- Extremely professional
- Able to work independently
- Punctual and demonstrates consistent initiative
- Familiar with the That’s What Che Said Brand and voice
- Local or able to commute regularly to the Oakville area
- Able to commit to three months or more
- Tech Savvy – you don’t need to be Steve Jobs, but you will need to know your way around the usual suspects (i.e. apps, social media, etc.)
These are the non-negotiables. Don’t let the overuse of exclamation points and rainbows fool you – running a business is no small task and requires professionalism and reliability. Of course, the That’s What Che Said environment is inspiring, colorful and unlike most other work settings – but even rainbows are hard work, and I expect your absolute best effort at all times. When applying for this position, please type “Dabbling in a Bit of Everything” at top of your email, this will be your way of letting me know you read through the entire description.
HUGE PLUS IF:
- You are familiar with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator and Lightroom
- Familiar with FloDesk Email Service
- Have an eye for bright, clean graphic design
- Have video and photography editing skills
COMPENSATION & COMMITMENT:
- Compensation will be determined based on experience
- Weekly hourly commitment is flexible, however, you must be available for a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Weekly days in my home studio can be flexible according to the editorial calendar.
APPLY: Send the following pieces of info to email@example.com with the subject CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT:
- Your resume or a link to your portfolio, if applicable.
- A brief cover letter stating why you think you are a great fit for That’s What Che Said – tell me what makes you awesome, brag on yourself!! I want to hear EVERYTHING about you that makes you perfect for TWCS.
- Links to three non-That’s What Che Said images, blog posts, articles or lists (think Buzzfeed) that fit the TWCS aesthetic. For each one, provide a caption that also fits the TWCS brand and aesthetic. Imagine you’re sharing these on Facebook.
- Link to your Instagram account
- A list of five non-That’s What Che Said links that you would suggest for a That’s What Che Said Pinterest board titled “Valentine DIYs”
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org