Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
A hearty classic that has the flavors of being slowcooked but can be made in minutes in the Instant Pot.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 8 bowls
- 1.25 lbs Chicken Thighs boneless, skinless
- 3 each Carrots Large, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 2 each Celery Stalks, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 each onion small yellow, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 each Bay Leaf
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 each Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 3 cups Egg Noodles
- 2 tbsps Parsley finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper seasoning
Turn on your Instant Pot and set the SAUTE function. When IP reads HOT, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan.
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on one side. Place in Instant Pot pan, seasoned sided down and season remaining side. Brown for 3-4 minutes on each side. Chicken will not be cooked through and that is OK.
Remove chicken from pot and set aside on a plate.
In pot, add onion, carrots, and celery and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes until onion is translucent. Stir well.
Add garlic and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes as to not burn the garlic.
To deglaze the pot: Add 1/3 cup of your chicken broth to the pot and use a flat wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot gathering all the cooked bits of flavor into your broth. Do not skip this step!
Next add the chicken back into the pot, plus any juices left on the plate.
Add your bay leaf and remaining chicken broth and bullion cubes. Stir well.
Add lid to Instant Pot, set vent to sealing position and set Instant Pot to MANUEL for 7 minutes.
When timer is up, carefully quick release the pressure on the pot. Remove lid and carefully remove chicken thighs with tongs and place on cutting board.
Turn the pot from "keep warm" to "saute" by hitting cancel and then saute buttons.
Bring soup up to a boil and add in egg noodles. Stir and cook for 4 minutes or until noodles are soft.
While the noodles are cooking, shred chicken with 2 forks. Return Chicken to the Instant Pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the Bay Leaf before serving.
Top with some fresh parsley. (I know this seems silly but it adds so much fresh flavor! Trust me!)
- Flavor each layer! This is where soup usually falls flat by the lack of flavor. Embrace the salt and pepper!
- Two ways to add the noodles. If you cook the noodles in the instant pot like I specify above, the broth of your soup will appear a bit cloudy from the released starches. If you do not want cloudy broth, you will need to cook the noodles separately on the stove top. For me a bit of cloudiness is worth the ease of one pot cooking!
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 342mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 219IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg