You know I love lists, right? Well, I made one of these last year but didn’t’ really stick with it. I am hoping that by sharing this with all of you it will prompt me to be better at sticking to it!
I don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions. You make them and they are out the door normally by happy hour on January 1st. At least for me they are. It’s just not practical to make a resolution and then just “BAM! It’s January 1st, GO! DO IT!” Resolutions and changes take preparation and time and determination. Not just a date to start it. So I don’t make resolutions, but what I do make is a list for the year. A list of all those things that you just keep putting off. The things that you want to do, but just never make time to do them. Then you have the year to start knocking items off your list.
Normal day to day things aren’t on here, duh! You have to feed your children…like EACH day, I know annoying right? But what I can put on my list is to incorporate them into cooking more or using a new ingredient each month. Not on the list: Laundry. On the list: Purging my closet with each season. Things I need to do, but aren’t life or death so always get pushed off!
Here is my list:
2012 To Do List
- Organize my recipe album/binder
- Make Ryan’s Baby Book
- See a movie in a movie theater
- Have a date night with my husband at least once a month
- purge extra clothes from my closet each season
- Take more pictures of my kids
- Get more pictures of me with my kids
- try a new ingredient each month
- Read Pride and Prejudice
- Finish the growth chart for the boys
- Make a grocery budget and stick to it
- play more games as a family
- make working out a priority
- do something small for myself each month
- have a “girls only weekend” away
- Have more meaningful conversations with my husband
- learn to like to watch basketball games on television
- stay up to date on the family website of pictures of the boys
- send both sets of grandparents more of the boys artwork
- Make more desserts
- run a 5k
- take a dance, pottery or photography class
- play an intramural team sports again.
- plant a garden with raspberries and sunflowers with Michael.
- organize all our family photos on an external hard drive or discs
- create better toy storage and make the boys a playroom if we can
- decorate the boys rooms
- send photos of the boys to Aunt Betty more frequently
- wear the awesome jewelry I have
- Try to live a little “greener”. Each month find a new way to cut back or recycle things.
- spend more time as a family to make more family memories and traditions
- get up to date on the boys’ yearly adventure books
- cook more with my kids/introduce Ryan to cooking with Michael & I.
- take more time to PLAY! Dirt will still be there!
- Build a piece of furniture.
- do something small for my husband each week
- take more pictures of the two of us together
- eat less processed food.
- organize at least one aspect of our life each month.
- make a photo book of Michael’s artwork
I am sure I will add to this as the year goes on. It is meant to be a running tally of all those things that I want to accomplish in this new year but know that all 40 items can’t just be started and maintained right on January 1st! This is more my style! (and I get oober excited to cross things OFF my list…you know, you remember right??)
Wishing you a HAPPY and SAFE New Year!!!
Linking Up Here